“Best Falafel Ever”
Review of Byblos Restaurant

Byblos Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Byblos Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 112 Restaurants in Norwood
Cuisines: Lebanese
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Maurice Daaboul and family’s Byblos is the Boston area’s premier eatery since 1996 for authentic, homemade Lebanese cuisine. Located in the heart of Norwood, Massachusetts, Byblos offers all the best features of Lebanese dining, including a large hall where feasts are laid out in traditional Lebanese Maza style to the tune of live Arabic music and oriental belly dancing. At Byblos we pride ourselves on bringing freshness, authenticity and service to our valued customers.
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We tried several dishes here, but hands down the falafel was purely delicious. We recommend it to everyone!

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Food is amazingly tasty. Nice wine choices. They were really attentive about filling up water glasses and clearing plates. My only complaint is the drinks were really slow. We were half way through our appetizers before we received our wine which was kind of a disappointment. Our waitress was not always around or waiting on others but the staff made sure we were taken care of by picking up plates and getting us drink refills. The entertainment was great. They had a beautiful belly dancer and a nice keyboardist. We arrived early for our reservation but they still seated us and were very accomodating.

1  Thank fiddskodak
Reviewed February 12, 2014

No food at home -- and no desire for shopping. So it's a dinner date with my wife. Where to go? She suggested this place I had never heard of -- Byblos in Norwood Center. I'd walked by the impressive storefront but never gone in -- and surely never eaten there.

What a wonderful and pleasant surprise. I started off with the babganouj (My spelling may be off but you'll figure it out I'm sure). It was perfect -- just the right mix of eggplant, spices and olive oil. The pita bread was a good solid delivery vehicle for the luscious mixture. And my wife and I both had a Malbec win -- modestly priced and a delicious accompaniment. She ordered vegetarian moussaka. She told me it was superb. It was surely beautiful to look at. I had the chicken kabob with vegetarian rice (to avoid the onions). Well presented, succulent and crisp on the outside healthy chunks of chicken with grilled peppers and tomatoes. A delicious dish. A lovely salad came with it -- full of feta and extra crisp cucumbers -- along with the lettuce and tomatoes you'd expect. The dressing was minty with olive oil, fennel and black pepper -- perfect I thought. We couldn't finish it all -- and passed on dessert (though they were very tempting -- perhaps next time).

I can't forget to mention two other things that I normally couldn't care less about. The restaurant ambiance was elegant without being pretentious, with a beautifully set table with fresh flowers and a tasteful Roman-style interior architecture. The waiters, with formal bow-tie attire, added more elegance to the room. Ours was very attentive, articulate, and helpful without being intruding.

I can't wait to go back. Next time I want to bring another couple or two so I can sample more of the menu.

Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

My family likes to go to Byblos for big family dinners or events. We most recently went in November with approximately 20 people, and they always seem to be able to accommodate us. We do make a reservation ahead of time. They start you off with hummus, tabbouleh and Syrian bread. Some meals come with a salad to start. This most recent time I went, I got the grapes leaves that comes with about 12 grape leaves served over a giant plate of rice. Their rice has I believe spinach and onion in it, so delicious. The grape leaves had rice, ground beef and seasoning- phenomenal. They do also have a vegetarian grape leaves meal. Previously I have had the chicken kabobs which are also delicious.

Take note, this is certainly not a place you should go if you're pressed for time. The wait staff is attentive but with all of the courses they have and all of the people we are usually with, it can take a few hours to complete our meal.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

This was my first time eating authentic Lebanese food however I have had Greek and middle –eastern meals before so it was not a “foreign menu” to me. Having said that, I do not know what spices may be different or if there were any nuisances in Lebanese cooking so I had to let my sense of taste and smell guide me through the meal.

We started with the Tabouli Salad ($10) was listed as having fresh minced parsley, onions, cracked wheat, tomatoes, lemon, olive oil and special Lebanese seasoning. To me the Tabouli salad had way too much parsley and not enough quinoa in it. In addition we ordered the Byblos Sampler for three ($37.50) included hommus, baba ghannouj, 3 Falafel, 3 kibbee balls, 3 spinach pies, 3 vegeterian grape leaves, 3 meat pies, 3 cheese rolls. I know that’s a “lot to swallow” (lol!). Overall some item s were better than others but nothing was outstanding. Overall the appetizer platter was a mix of appeal but nothing special

For entrée’s we had two orders of Lamb Chops ($28) which each included five tender baby lamb chops marinated with special spices which turned out not to be anything special. The lamb chops were cooked as ordered but only average in taste and flavor which was disappointing since this was a recommended as a best dish for the restaurant.

1  Thank MrOcho