“Authentic Lebanese food”
Review of Byblos Restaurant

Byblos Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Byblos Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 111 Restaurants in Norwood
Cuisines: Lebanese
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Maurice Daaboul and family’s Byblos is the Boston area’s premier eatery since 1996 for authentic, homemade Lebanese cuisine. Located in the heart of Norwood, Massachusetts, Byblos offers all the best features of Lebanese dining, including a large hall where feasts are laid out in traditional Lebanese Maza style to the tune of live Arabic music and oriental belly dancing. At Byblos we pride ourselves on bringing freshness, authenticity and service to our valued customers.
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

My family likes to go to Byblos for big family dinners or events. We most recently went in November with approximately 20 people, and they always seem to be able to accommodate us. We do make a reservation ahead of time. They start you off with hummus, tabbouleh and Syrian bread. Some meals come with a salad to start. This most recent time I went, I got the grapes leaves that comes with about 12 grape leaves served over a giant plate of rice. Their rice has I believe spinach and onion in it, so delicious. The grape leaves had rice, ground beef and seasoning- phenomenal. They do also have a vegetarian grape leaves meal. Previously I have had the chicken kabobs which are also delicious.

Take note, this is certainly not a place you should go if you're pressed for time. The wait staff is attentive but with all of the courses they have and all of the people we are usually with, it can take a few hours to complete our meal.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

This was my first time eating authentic Lebanese food however I have had Greek and middle –eastern meals before so it was not a “foreign menu” to me. Having said that, I do not know what spices may be different or if there were any nuisances in Lebanese cooking so I had to let my sense of taste and smell guide me through the meal.

We started with the Tabouli Salad ($10) was listed as having fresh minced parsley, onions, cracked wheat, tomatoes, lemon, olive oil and special Lebanese seasoning. To me the Tabouli salad had way too much parsley and not enough quinoa in it. In addition we ordered the Byblos Sampler for three ($37.50) included hommus, baba ghannouj, 3 Falafel, 3 kibbee balls, 3 spinach pies, 3 vegeterian grape leaves, 3 meat pies, 3 cheese rolls. I know that’s a “lot to swallow” (lol!). Overall some item s were better than others but nothing was outstanding. Overall the appetizer platter was a mix of appeal but nothing special

For entrée’s we had two orders of Lamb Chops ($28) which each included five tender baby lamb chops marinated with special spices which turned out not to be anything special. The lamb chops were cooked as ordered but only average in taste and flavor which was disappointing since this was a recommended as a best dish for the restaurant.

1  Thank MrOcho
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is hands down the best. In addition to a complete menu, pay attention to the specials. If Lamb Shank or Sheik el mahshi is on the menu, order it. You won;t regret it (unless you are a vegetarian).
Our favorites are kibbee and falafel. They have all of the favorites and a lot more.

The host/owner is Maurice and he will welcome you like family.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Ever since our elderly Lebanese-American neighbor served us homemade kibbe, we've been looking for a restaurant able to duplicate this delicacy. More than 30 years later, we finally found what we were seeking and more at Byblos where authentic, flavorful Lebanese food is served by professional waitstaff. Our first visit to Byblos definitely will not be our last.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We have dined at Byblos many many times and it's consistently the best Middle Eastern restaurant in New England. Last night I had the lamb shank special and it was beyond belief. The freshness of the ingredients is always there. My wife had lamb shiskebab which was tender ,flavorful, and cooked to perfect medium rare perfection. Service is always attentive and there is no cleaner dining room around. A great dining experience that should not be missed.

1  Thank kek128