“EXCELENT LEBANESE FOOD”
Review of Byblos Restaurant

Byblos Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Byblos Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 112 Restaurants in Norwood
Cuisines: Lebanese
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Maurice Daaboul and family’s Byblos is the Boston area’s premier eatery since 1996 for authentic, homemade Lebanese cuisine. Located in the heart of Norwood, Massachusetts, Byblos offers all the best features of Lebanese dining, including a large hall where feasts are laid out in traditional Lebanese Maza style to the tune of live Arabic music and oriental belly dancing. At Byblos we pride ourselves on bringing freshness, authenticity and service to our valued customers.
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is the second time I visit Byblos and found the food even better than the first time.
The lentil rice is a winner. The tabbouleh could be better if they added a little bit more of the grains. Excelent service .

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

This is a very authentic restaurant, with nice service and expensive meals. This is still cheaper than a trip to Middle East, though. The meals and especially deserts are very good, you just have to be ready to take risks if you try something new. Parking was free. On Saturday night they had a loud music, so it was had to talk. And they also surprised us by a dancing performance, which was not something we would choose. My wife liked it, though.

1  Thank Bostonian2011
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Just left Byblos after finding it on our way to Westford through trip Advisor. After reading the great reviews we knew we had to try it. We were not let down. We said hello to the owner/host and asked if he was Maurice. He was delighted that we knew his name and found him through TA. He gave us a warm welcome and seated us.

We ordered a complete feast sampler for five. It is normally for four, but they accommodated our party. The amount of food they brought us was mind blowing and the flavors were complex and simply delicious. The falafel was the best we have ever had, and the salads, hummus and meats were so flavorful. We were stuffed to pieces at the end of our meal but just had to try their desserts knowing they must be great if they were anywhere as good as our meal. Again, we were not let down. The baklava was crisp and not overly sweet. We had another pastry that was lightly fried and had nuts inside with a sweet syrup on top. That was just too good.

Maurice came and chatted with us for a while and asked us if we had found accommodations for the night. (We could swear he would offer his home if we hadn't)

It was hard leaving knowing we would not have the opportunity to eat there again for a long time as we prepared to head back to Florida. Norwood is not a town that was on the map for us before eating at Byblos, but it is now. We will make a special trip there next time we are in Boston.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

So here's the thing: you go into a restaurant where the food is not too familiar and you ask the waiter what they do best. Usually they tell you everything is good. Well, here it is. I admit I have not had everything on the menu, but over many visits I have had lots of different things and so far everything has been 100% excellent. The soups are great - best vegetable soup I ever had. The salads are the best - love the fattoush, love the tabbouleh - not to worry, it's all great. Then there's the hummus served with turnips and olives - best hummus ever. Our favorites for dinner is the lamb on a skewer and the shrimp also skewered, but there are so many other interesting things to try - just be a bit adventurous.

This is not a place to go if you are in a hurry - it would be a shame to rush through such good food anyway. But, if time is an issue as it was for us on our way to a movie, just let your server know. Once we did, the pace was picked up. Then there is the music and Belly Dancer on weekends - or at least Sat. night. I think it starts around nine. While that can be plus for some, if you are dining with friends it will be difficult to have a conversation while this goes on.

Finally, there is the owner/manager. His name is Maurice, and he is the best. So nice, so friendly - he welcomes you as if you are a guest in his home. When he first opened in a tiny little storefront in south Norwood - perhaps 15 or more years ago, you often would wait to get in. On my first visit with my whole family, the bill came and I presented my credit card. Maurice apologized and explained his credit card system was not in place quite yet. He told me not to worry, come back the next time and I could pay then. Who does that? Happily I was able to pay cash.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I'll admit that I am a little tough on this establishment. I am originally from the Middle East, so I always compare the food to my favorite establishments in my home country, The food is not bad, but nothing exciting. We were six and ordered a variety of appetizers and entrees. The dishes we liked were the Sambusek (dough filled with ground meat) ,Falafel, Hummus, Babba Ganoush, vegetarian stuffed grape leaves and the Kebabs. The "let downs" were first of all the pita breads. So thin and un flavorful. The Mini Zaatar pies had a really bitter after taste and the vegetarian Kibbeh was very bland and dry. The service was not very friendly and the decor is a throw back to "My Big Fat Greek wedding". Overall - not a place I would think of revisiting.

Been to Byblos Restaurant? Share your experiences!