“Great Experience!”
Review of Byblos Restaurant

Byblos Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Byblos Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 111 Restaurants in Norwood
Cuisines: Lebanese
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Maurice Daaboul and family’s Byblos is the Boston area’s premier eatery since 1996 for authentic, homemade Lebanese cuisine. Located in the heart of Norwood, Massachusetts, Byblos offers all the best features of Lebanese dining, including a large hall where feasts are laid out in traditional Lebanese Maza style to the tune of live Arabic music and oriental belly dancing. At Byblos we pride ourselves on bringing freshness, authenticity and service to our valued customers.
Storrs, Connecticut
“Great Experience!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Five of us ate here on a Saturday afternoon, the day before Easter, so that would explain why it was not crowded in the dining room, I'm guessing. It was like having our own personal server, so the service was excellent. We had salads: the fattoush was especially good, having had that for the 1st time, but maybe a bit less parsley and more wheat in the tabouli would have made it even better. The Byblos sampler was great, even substituted some items for one of the party with a food allergy, to be on the safe side. The meals were great, those of us who had lamb really enjoyed that (they had a special shank that weekend, as they often do). They have some nice wines to pair with the meals, I tried a nice red that went well with my lamb kabobs, I wish I could remember where it was from to recommend it. I can't speak for their desserts, as we were all too stuffed to even think about that! Maybe next time, as I would come here again in a heartbeat and would do takeout (except for, sadly, we are 2+ hours away). Thanks, Byblos!

• Visited March 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Uncommon common Mideastern food”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I was invited for a big party dinner to this place. Frankly, I didn't expected much; over the years I was in quite a few Mideastern places and they all seem about the same to me. Kabobs, hummus, babaganush - not a whole latitude for sophistication. Especially, when serving big groups, most places tend to cut the corners.

But Byblos really impressed me in a good way. I will not attest on the authenticity of the tastes and flavors; never been to Lebanon or any of the surrounding countries, but the taste of pretty much EVERYTHING that was brought to our table was exceptional. As a meat lover, I generally frown upon humus and felafels. Not this time! I loved Byblos' version of both! Beef kebabs were right on the spot; with a smoke flavor, brown outside and still juicy inside.
To say more, out of 20+ people in our group, pretty much everybody praised the food - a rare case indeed!

A little bonus, a nice life background music and a belly dancer (a good one).

I will be back for sure!

• Visited February 2013
Sharon, MA
“Authentic it is not”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

After having traveled to Middle East, my daughter and I stopped here for lunch. While the portions are large, the prices are fairly high, and the service happened to be sloppy, although there were only 3 tables taken. The most importantly, the pita, the hummus, the salads, and the meats had nothing in common with their middle-eastern versions, but the name. The supermarket quality pita and hummus could be enjoyed at home for much less.

• Visited February 2013
Massachusetts
“Great Middle Eastern Food”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

If you like middle eastern food you will like Byblos. If you are unfamiliar with middle eastern food you will love it after eating here. The meat is cooked to perfection, as is the rice. generous portions, fabulous fattoush and tabbouli (salads). Great food, decent prices. I would also reccomend for lunch when it is quieter, less crowded. But always delightful and delicious!

• Visited November 2012
Massachusetts
“Terrific!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Four of us ate here for my wife's birthday. We ordered the meal for 4 (the special) which, other than the shear volume of food, was quite delicious. The service was excellent, and the live music and belly dancer made it an ideal evening out.

• Visited January 2013

Been to Byblos Restaurant? Share your experiences!