“good food”

The Tinker's Son
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Norwell
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boston, Massachusetts
“good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The service could have been better, but I was a part of a large group, the food was great and so were the leftovers the next day!

Visited December 2013

Cohasset, Massachusetts
“Fun spot for drinks and music”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

Good spot for a drink and music later in the evenings on weekends. Dining tends to get crowded on the bar side. Food is good -- not high end -- but very good for a family meal or a quick night out. Parking can be an issue -- but additional spots at the hardware store adjacent to Tinkers Son can work.

Visited November 2013
Marshfield, Massachusetts
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

I have been to this restaurant a few times for dinner and found it very good. Stopped by for lunch on a recent Friday afternoon. Major disappointment. I ordered the fried fish sandwiche. After a very long wait, the server arrived with my "sandwiche". She explained to me that the cook actually made a mistake and gave me the fish and chips plate. When the waitress brought this to the cook's attention, he offered to "cut some of the fish off". This obviously would have made a mess of the piece of fish, So the cook plops the entree on roll. Thus my fish sandwiche came to me as an entree sized (very large) piece of fish atop a bun. At first I did not even realize that a bun was on the dish, as the fish buried the roll. Needless to say, I could not eat this as a sandwiche. It was one big messy plate. Did not enjoy it at all. The fish was ok. I was only able to eat the fish, as the plate resembled a pile of slop. Service was painfully slow. Empty beverage glasses throughout most of the meal. No offer of beverage refill. May go back but would probably not order a fish sandwiche again. My dining partner had shepherd's pie which was ok.

• Visited November 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great food, great service, great Irish atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

We went here for Sunday brunch. It was my friend's birthday and we wanted to celebrate. She'd heard about this place. I read online that they have an Irish Session every Sunday until 2:00. Since that was not our main interest for today, we arrived about 1:30 to get the end of the Session. The music was great. But, be advised, it makes for a noisy atmosphere...noisy but enjoyable if you like Celtic music. The food was very good and our waitress was so engaging. She was a real diamond in the rough...but very good at her job. She really added to the experience. We will definitely go back.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank hildegard2011
Hull, Massachusetts
“Bountiful Sunday brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Had brunch here with a group of friends. It was a big hit with everyone. Make your own Bloody Mary, over the top food selections , and live music. I highly recommend this place for brunch.

• Visited April 2013