“Killer Fish Sandwich”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I live in the area and have been several times. The place itself is cozy and fun, the outside deck is great and there's often good live music. Brunch is all about the live tunes, smoked salmon and the bloody mary's for me because often the buffet items were a bit overcooked. Recently we came in with another couple after taking a walk through the trails nearby and grabbed lunch. We were all extremely happy with our dishes - hamburger, grilled chicken sandwich, bacon mac and a fish sandwich. We had been out late the night before so it was food for the soul. My fish sandwich was seriously impressive. We all pigged out, had a few beers and left very happy. Souls fed. Thank you.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife and I were here with some friends and had a great time. Good food and drinks with some fun servers ! Check out the pictures on the walls of the"Old Country" Enjoy

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Five friends went to this restaurant and wanted to talk and socialize. This was made almost impossible by the loudness of the band in the bar section. The food was excellent. Two of us had the Shepherd's Pie which made sense in an Irish Pub. It was very moist and tasty with more than enough to take home. The other gals got hamburgers with blue cheese dressing and they also thought the food was very good. The service could be improved. I don't know if a waiter or waitress called in sick or they just don't employ enough staff. There was a wait just to get water and the waitress seemed disorganized, but that could be due to the fact that she was alone in the room. This has nothing to do with the restaurant...but, as we were eating a young man sitting near us blew his nose in the cloth napkin. Totally grossed us out, but you cannot blame the restaurant for people's ill manners and grossness. I called over the waitress to inform her so that she wouldn't just pick up the soiled napkin. She was very thankful. I would go back there, maybe for lunch when the band isn't there.

1  Thank Carol565
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We went to the Tinker's Son for dinner last Thursday evening. Arrived at around 6:30 and the dining room near the bar was almost empty - it filled up later. The music playing at the bar was really loud (and not Irish). There was live music later but we left before it started. Our party of four ordered two shepherd's pies, one fish and chips, and one hamburger. Everything was good, and the portions were huge. The shepherd's pie was tasty, but had few vegetables and quite a bit of cheese - I don't think that cheese is an authentic ingredient! The "chips" with the fish and chips were regular fries and unfortunately the fish was placed directly on top of them, which made them soggy. The menu was somewhat limited and I thought a little expensive for the type of food. The beer was great. Our waitress was attentive and funny, maybe just a little too chatty. It was a nice place to eat, but I'm not sure I'd go back since there are so many other good restaurants in the area. I rated the bar scene as very good - there were lots of people at the bar, and they seemed to be having a great time. It looked like a local hangout.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

This looked like a good choice for a Sunday Brunch without the kids. It was pretty empty for a Brunch which should have been our first clue. We got seated in the Brunch service area as the music was just a tad loud for having conversation. I guess I am used to more robust and diverse choices at a Buffet Brunch, but having four Hotel pans of food choices was a little lacking. The good points: The Corned Beef Hash was great. The Eggs Benedict was passable. The Omelette station was decent (typical). The meats were (except for the American Bacon) a bit off-putting. All combined in one serving pan, there was American Bacon, Irish Bacon, Bangers, and two types of Blood Sausage; Black and White. Nothing labeled, so I needed to ask what it was. I tried the "banger"' thinking it was closest to a sausage. It had the look of a hot dog but a very strange taste. I passed on the Blood Sausage. One pan had Orecchiette Bolognese in it...hmm a bit strange for an Irish place, but worth a try. It actually had Penne Pasta instead of the Orecchiette (little ears) and it was okay until I had a bite with a whole Bay Leaf. Not good. The half pan of Shepherd's Pie was almost empty, but I scraped a small piece and it was okay, nothing remarkable. The other dish was the Finian Haddie (hope I am not butchering the name of this famous dish). In fairness, I did not taste this. Alongside the Omelette station was a selection of breads and muffins, again nothing that didn't jump out at me as homemade. The carving station had Roast Beef which was delightfully flavorful, however they gave you a butter knife to cut it? For dessert there was a fruit bowl, but it had just your average assortment of cantaloupe, honeydew, grapes and pineapple. I love fresh and ripe fruit, but this just seemed like it was out of a jar quality. Additionally, they had cookies (but they were not homemade tasting). The coffee was very strong. We requested a second cup, thinking it was burnt or bottom of the pot. Unfortunately the second cup was the same. I chose water rather than choosing a $7 glass of Mimosa. They did have a Kid station set up with Waffles, Chicken Nuggets and Mac and Cheese, perhaps I should have tried these...all in all, we had a very nice waitress named Karen who provided great service. We tipped her well because I feared if others behind me had the same culinary experience, she might not have made a lot in tips today. The Irish music was pleasant and was the most enjoyable part of the visit. Not sure if this was an off day, but I wouldn't chance it again for Brunch.