“Old Family Restaurant with nice views”
Review of The Chateau

The Chateau
Ranked #4 of 40 Restaurants in Norton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Weston, Massachusetts
“Old Family Restaurant with nice views”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Stopped at The Chateau restaurant for lunch on my 28 mile bike ride. You get to seat yourself in the bar room with the view of the lake and it is nice to have water views. Indoor seating only hear. We ordered the Chicken Parm sandwich to split and there was a $1.5 up charge for a small house salad over the french fries. Still the meal only came to $12.50. This is not a modern fancy restaurant, but a mainstay restaurant in this town as it is in the one in Waltham. Tends to attract more of a family and older crowd. One feels that these restaurants need some updating but I guess this formula has worked for them for years. The waitstaff was friendly and helpful and the food came out fast. I would go back here again, but just in the area. Certainly not a new vogue restaurant by any means.

• Visited August 2014

Bridgewater, Massachusetts
“good food-high prices-small portions”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We have been here many, many times. Food always good and service usually is okay. Made a reservation on Wednesday for Saturday. Got there 10 minutes early and they did not have my reservation. Birthday's are free so I made sure I mentioned it. Got seated right away because the restaurant was empty. Usually you have to wait on Saturday night at the time we got there. I will be as polite as I can be about the waitress. She asked us to repeat EVERYTHING that we said to her because I don't think she was really paying attention to us. The food was good but the Haddock was supposed to be in a cream sauce and it was just milk. VERY small portions for the cost of the meals. When it came time to pay the waitress she did not take off my birthday meal. I asked why and she said you mentioned it, but I never gave her the correct ID. Let me make this perfectly clear. She NEVER ASKED FOR ANY PROOF!!! I usually do not leave a restaurant hungry but the portions are so small that you have to have something to eat when you get home. We were going to this place at least twice a month. But, we are going to limit it to maybe once every two or three months and see if there operation improves.

• Visited June 2014
winchendon
“Good food, good service, recommended!!!”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We ate lunch here recently and have eaten here many times before. We have never had a bad meal here. The atmosphere is a bit "old school", but it's nice. Service is always good, because the servers tend to be more experienced. We typically have Italian, while it's not fancy, it's very good. This is one of the few places I know that still has a real cheese lasagna. Portions are ample, and reasonably priced. This restaurant has multi locations and service and food can vary, as we have eaten at others. This one is better than most. The one in Westboro is very busy. Overall, this is a recommended place to dine.

• Visited May 2014
“Not what it used to be”
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Just had dinner. In and out in 45 minutes. ..service way to fast. ..you say great wrong. .dried out..small portions. .waitress didn't get the order right..asked for light sauce it came out like soup

Will not go back. .used to love this place..

2 Thank Cheryl G
Norton, Massachusetts
“Customer Service”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I have never had a bad experience here. Always good food and service.They have a Porch that is over the water with a scenic view. I would recommend this restaurant for the service and quality and quantity of food.

• Visited April 2014