“great thin crust pizza-sit at bar with water views!”
Review of The Chateau

The Chateau
Ranked #4 of 40 Restaurants in Norton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 5, 2013

not just great pizza but the venue & water views from large bar are great...like on vacation. have 1/2 price app's during "happy hour" for $3 - $6.....try the stuffed mushrooms that have crab & cheese.....great!. I had their prime rib dinner. was rare & lean & came with a creamy garlic/horseradish sauce - this was not a fatty, water injected roast,with a salty crust (which I do love also)......but, a lean sirloin roast. It was so good. the potatoes were perfectly cooked & they served a veg of the day which were fresh green beans----so good!
this was a $20.00 meal & I would travel many miles for this plate. Nothing was greasy/heavy over or underdone. and.....I took home 1/3 of my meat & got a small container of the sauce. put in frig and cut up in little pc's and had w/ a friend the next day for a snack. I am a meat lover &this meal & take home were great

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

We went to the Chateau to celebrate a birthday in the family. We were seated quickly and our order was taken quickly. The decor was on the dark and dingy side. We sat with a view of the lake which was nice. Our food (veal cutlet, chicken cutlet and toasted ravioli) arrived in a decent amount of time but was average at best. It tasted like a frozen meal you would buy at the supermarket. Service was good but that's about it...

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Visited the restaraunt while on business. The restaraunt sits on a lake and has the look and feel of an old house on the inside. That may not be the best description, but it's all I've got at the moment. The lobster, shrimp, scallop diavalo was excellent. The wait staff is attentive, while not being overbearing. Excellent place to eat if you are in the Taunton area.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

My cousin and I stopped here on the way to our hotel in Massachusetts. We were impressed - they served great, quality food at a good price and the waitress was awesome. We went on a Thursday night, enjoyed the sunset over the lake from our table. We ordered the bruschetta as an appetizer and we both ordered the special for $12.99 - it included a large piece of chicken parm, a giant delicious meatball and toasted raviolis. We were looking for something other than seafood, and I'm definitely glad we came here. The portions were large - the two of us could have definitely split a meal. My cousin was just saying she wished we had one nearby! It looked super fancy and at first we thought it was out of our price range, but it's really moderately priced like an Olive Garden, but the food is SO much better!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

In the past when I've gone to any of their locations, I never really walked away impressed. I think I know why. I've always eaten in the "lounge" in this location because the atmosphere is bar-like with televisions, and that's usually what I'm looking for. For apparently, the menu is different? Not really sure, but this time, I ate in the dining room. The food was fabulous. They are famous for their toasted ravioli and they were good. I got penne with salmon in a light cream sauce and it was out of this world. Whole wheat pasta is now available so I ordered mine with that. Outstanding. Everything else on the menu looked great, too. An awful lot to choose from. Thanks, Chateau!