“NOT HADDOCK!”

Pirate's Cove
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Northbridge
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We both ordered a piece of haddock, and onion rings.. fish was a white fish.. was wide and flat and 1/8 inch thick if that.. like the shape of flounder.. not sure what type of fish this was, but definitely NOT HADDOCK! Onion rings were greasy, grease was very old, rings were dark. A terrible meal.. we won't be back..

Eric A, Owner at Pirate's Cove, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2015

I can assure you it was haddock. Very rarely I will get cod but cod is a noticeably thicker piece. That only leaves haddock. Some haddock fillets are extremely thin and small. I weight every fillet I make as I cut to order so sometimes i'll shape the fillet in order to drop the weight. But I can assure you that what you were served was most positively not anything but haddock (possibly cod but that's a rare occurrence and what you described wasn't cod). Either way, sorry for the meal which might not have been cooked correctly. Come on back, I'll personally cook you a fish n chip on the house. Ask for Eric.

There are newer reviews for Pirate's Cove

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

This is a typical ice cream joint... the usual soft serve and hard ice cream. I have shared the seafood platter with my spouse on several occasions, and have to admit it is pretty large and very good!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Had the hotdog meal, my son had the cheeseburger meal, and husband had the fish (I think it was haddock) meal and a small clam cakes. All meals were great except the clam cake were way OVERDONE to the point of almost tasting burnt. My husband ate them, I nibble on one as I would have taken them back to the window but was not my choice for lunch.
All in all - the sandwiches were done perfectly.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

We have frequented this outdoorsy restaurant. The seafood and clam cakes are the best we have had. Try the fisherman's platter big enough for my husband and I with left overs! Eat there under the sky or take home It's all good. Ice cream sundaes and banana splits are so big, they could make your trip worth while! Enjoy we do!

1  Thank Kathy1752
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We have had the fish n chips n onion ring often. We call ahead and take them home to
eat them. I can't wait for them to open in the spring. Pirate cove is a drive in restaurant
with tables outside and some in a coverd area. The ice cream is very good also.