“Perfect sushi for a chilly night”

Mikaku Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 65 Restaurants in Northborough
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

Quiet, simply furnished eatery offering sushi as well as classic Japanese night-out food. Friendly service creates a very warm impression, despite the cool vibe of the interior.
We ordered tonkatsu, shrimp tempura and chirashi sushi. All came with a full-flavored miso soup. The breaded pork was juicy and generous. The tempura was light. But the chirashi was over-the-top good, with an assortment of whole pieces of sashimi -- not just tidbits -- a layer of seaweed salad, and a bed of warm rice sparked up with sesame and seasoning.

Reviewed April 4, 2017

We went to this restaurant on a Friday evening and there was only one other table occupied, a couple sitting near the chef, who seemed to be friends or acquintances. I am not sure how or how long they will survive if this is their regular fullness... Despite this, we waited quite some time for our food to arrive, so again, I am not sure how they would manage if the place was full!
We had some dumplings, a big plate of sushi, which came with miso soup. All of the above were fresh and tasty. The only complaint is that the amount of fish in the sushi rolls was not generous at all, probably the smallest I have seen. The prices are on the high side, so even though the food was good, I do not think it was a good value considering the price. We probably won't be going back, which is in line with the other restaurants around the area having full tables and even wait lines while this one is pretty empty...

Reviewed March 12, 2016

I go here fairly regularly,the waitstaff is always nice, and they make the most amazing udon noodles I have ever had!

Reviewed June 23, 2015 via mobile

Warm, friendly and personal service. Large menu. Very clean, bright and pleasant atmosphere. Excellent sushi and sashimi. Not cheap, but good quality. Ask the owner about his special creations. (Salmon/salmon roe combo was really delicious! )

Reviewed January 31, 2015

I went in last night to have some sushi, amazing! I had the spicy yellow tail roll, which is absolutely amazing! Arthur showed me the piece of yellow tail he used to show me the quality. I trust him when he says he only uses the freshest of fish! If you go in, ask for the volcano roll with black rice, i have it just about every time i go in, defiantly the best roll on the menu.