“Always a terrific meal” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children
Northborough, MA
“Always a terrific meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

We live in town and enjoy our nice, local Thai restaurant. Yoong Tong has a terrific variety, and the food is great.

Visited February 2012

Westborough, Massachusetts
“Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

My husband always gets the pad thai and I usually get the chicken cashew nut which is nice and spicy. We also love the spring rolls for an appetizer. I think overall the food is good with nice portions and a fair price tag. The thai iced tea is like dessert. We've also had sushi there which is pretty good. Always crowded at lunch. Weekends - not so much.

• Visited December 2011
West Boylston, Massachusetts
“Great pad thai”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2011

I recently went here with my husband and parents and we all enjoyed the lunch. Three of us ordered pad thai and thought it was delicious. Service was good and the prices were reasonable. We'll go back again!

1 Thank Julia41898
Marlborough, Massachusetts
“Yoong Tong-A Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2010

My wife and I have been to Yoong Tong 3 times and we have been delighted every time.
First of all, the atmosphere is casual and cozy--not a fancy place--just a real comfortable spot. The service each time has been very friendly and prompt. I struck up a conversation with the waiter and he stated that the restaurant is a family run business of which the owners originally come from Bangkok.
We've ordered the chicken noodle soup, pad thai (crispy noodles) and Pacific soup (spicy seafood soup), as well as dumplings for an appetizer. The food is exquisite...fresh seafood, a perfect blend of spice (not too spicy but enough to let the flavorful tastes of Thailand come through). I've spent some time in Thailand so I am familiar with the food--and Yoong Tong doesn't disappoint.
The prices are moderate--about average...the 2 of us usually spend around $40--but that's because we get a beer each and dessert--which reminds me..you HAVE to try their fried ice cream..delicious.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Southborough, Massachusetts
“Would not go back”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2009

We went for dinner on a Friday. Chicken Satay was good but the Pad Thai was just OK. The service was good at first but declined as the restaurant became more crowded. Also found it slightly overpriced.

• 2 of 5 bubbles