“Lack Of Service”

Steakloft
Ranked #39 of 61 Restaurants in Northborough
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed November 16, 2009

I thought restaurants knew how to train it's staff, but in the case of the Steakloft, that was untrue.
My girlfriend and I ate there Saturday night and the service was unacceptable!!!
I ordered the Prime Rib which was fine and my girlfriend ordered a combo of Baked Stuffed Shrimp & Prime Rib in addition to salads.
With our dinners we were supposed to have choice of potato & vegetable, the vegetable never showed up. There salads for $2.75 extra are not worth it at ALL!!! Meanwhile, my girlfriends dish showed up the Shrimp were good but the Prime Rib was not cooked to her instruction, returned to kitchen, then it still came out cold, the 3rd time it was right.

How can this place justify it's prices when the food is mediocre at best and the service non existent.

I will never go back ever!! Not worth it!!

2  Thank souschefMarlboro_MA

Reviewed October 25, 2009

I had gone there for my birthday dinner,,,,,I go every year...I love the Hazelnut Chicken...it is to die for.....my boyfiend brings me there every year...even though we moved 45 mins away...it is so worth the trip.....the waitress went above and beyond for us......just awesome...tentative staff,,,,,clean restaurant...will definatley go back each and every year

Reviewed March 26, 2009

nice atmosphere, made a fabulous cosmo. BUT....food no big deal....price ARE a big deal.....i thought too high......17-25 dollars.....thats way too high. too bad i wont be going back. close to home and great drink.......but, thats not enough. also had to wait at entrance to be noticed to be seated..

1  Thank barbcap
Reviewed February 5, 2009

Took Mom there for mother's day. Salads were wilted, blue cheese dressing had no blue cheese and tasted like chemicals, steaks seemed precooked. Complained to the waitress who brought over the owner, who made us feel we were too demanding.

2  Thank publichero
Reviewed January 26, 2009

This place looked nice, but it was overpriced for the lack of quality. Steak was okay, but not cooked properly and a bit grizzly. Rice pilaf as a side tasted a bit "stale". The mashed potatoes, again, looked great when they came out, but tasted like they were boxed. I can give the meal at C- at best.

1  Thank We_Love_Eating_Out

Been to Steakloft? Share your experiences!