“Birthday Lunch : )”
Review of Bistro Limoncello

Bistro Limoncello
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Limoncello is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 61 Restaurants in Northborough
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 20
Description: Since it's opened 3years ago Bistro Limoncello has been a hot spot in the metro west area! Owner Marc Turo prides himself on his family style recipes with a modern twist, the homemade meatballs are to die for as well as some other of his own dishes. Relax at his chic and bustling bar and enjoy the music of old crooners such as Frank and Dean! There is live singers every Saturday in the Bistro Room,and dinner is served til 11 on Friday and Saturday nights.
Northborough, Massachusetts
“Birthday Lunch : )”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Today I celebrated my birthday with my friends from Cape Cod at Limoncello Bistro. The atmosphere was sophisticated, the food was delicious, and the service was excellent...the waitress filled our coffee cups up three times (with fresh brewed coffee) at the end of dinner as we caught up!! And we didn't even have to ask! We all loved it!!

• Visited May 2014

Massachusetts
“Worst Service Ever”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I unfortunately can not really comment too much regarding the food. We ended up with just salads and apps which were okay. However, the overall experience was surreal. I honestly felt as if I was on camera and someone was going to pop out at the end of the meal and confess a it was all a joke. Sadly, no one ever popped out and no one ever apologized.
To start, the host is just plain creepy. I would not go back with a group of women again.
The first waiter we had seemed confused, unable to make recommendations, and really not excited to be serving us. We had painfully long waits between drink refills, painfully long waits before ordering anything, overall it was a very long night.
The second waiter (guess he was helping?) wasn't much of an improvement. At no time did the waitstaff seem concerned about the quality of their service. There was never an apology or even an acknowledgement that we weren't receiving quality service. Drinks spilled, we had to clean up the mess. No one even came to see if we needed a refill of any drinks, no new napkins were offered either.
Would I go back? Maybe, just so my husband could experience this fiasco.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank MassMomof2
Northborough, Massachusetts
“First visit & far from the last”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Classic Italian cuisine, thoughtful service and marvelous eating. I'm always surprised when food exceeds expectations; in this case, I was pleasantly surprised. We'll definitely return. Limoncello ranks in the top three restaurants in Northborough. Not inexpensive, but if you are searching for superb eating, this is a must-visit venue.

Visited March 2014
Worcester, Massachusetts, United States
“Stay Away - Long, Slow Service!”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I won't be back.

What an amazingly BAD experience this was for a night out with my wife. My wife has been extremely busy at work, so I surprised her with a 7pm reservation here because it's been on our list of restaurant to try for quite some time.

20 minutes after making the reservation, I received a call from the restaurant asking if it was okay to move the reservation from 7pm to 7:30pm. I didn't have any issue with that, figuring that would try to do something for us when we got to the restaurant to make up for us changing our reservation time without issue, and that didn't happen!

While waiting for a table, I went to the bar to order a glass of wine for each of us, only to be informed that most of their wine list was unavailable because they were out of stock.

After finally settling on some Merlot, we were lead to our table where we had to wait about 10 minutes for anyone to come by to see if we needed anything. 10 minutes after that, we finally put our appetizer and meal order in, and it took another 30 minutes after that to receive our appetizer.

The food was good, but the pace of service was painful. After being at the table for well over an hour, and still not receiving an entrée, I had to approach the owner asking what the potential issue was. He said the kitchen was having problems, and our bill would reflect it.

Finally, after close to 90 minutes, our meal arrived and after ordering Rigatoni and Meatballs I received Linguini and Meatballs, because no one informed me they were out of rigatoni (I would have ordered something else!).

The food was okay, my wife's pasta Bolognese looked like just pasta and sauce, hardly any meat in the Bolognese.

When the check did arrive, the bill was full price. Only after saying something to the waitress did she go and talk to the owner and get a glass of wine for each of us removed from the bill, how generous (sarcasm).

We spent about two hours in side of the restaurant from start to finish, and only had an appetizer and an entrée - needless to say the entire experience left an extremely bad taste in our mouth, and we will never be back! Plenty of way better Italian restaurants for food and service in the Worcester area.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Dave F
pl1227
“Better places locally”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Recently went for dinner with friends on a Saturday night. Overall I found the restaurant poor to fair. We had reservations, but were not greeted by anyone for over 5 minutes while waiting at the hostess station. When seated it took another 15 minutes until our waitress arrived. She was harried and rushed. The food was plentiful, but just OK, nothing you couldn't make at home. Given the option, there are many more restaurants in the area which are better in both service and cuisine, at similar pricing.

• Visited November 2013