“Nice Atmosphere. Good Food. Some Hits and Misses”
Review of Bistro Limoncello

Bistro Limoncello
Ranked #19 of 61 Restaurants in Northborough
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 20
Description: Since it's opened 3years ago Bistro Limoncello has been a hot spot in the metro west area! Owner Marc Turo prides himself on his family style recipes with a modern twist, the homemade meatballs are to die for as well as some other of his own dishes. Relax at his chic and bustling bar and enjoy the music of old crooners such as Frank and Dean! There is live singers every Saturday in the Bistro Room,and dinner is served til 11 on Friday and Saturday nights.
Reviewed August 14, 2013

First time at Limoncello and visited during Worcester Restaurant Week. Tastefully decorated restaurant with two dining areas. One near the bar and view into the kitchen. The other away from the main bar area for a more quiet and romantic dining experience.

It should be said that "Restaurant Week" provides the establishment the ability to introduce itself to prospective new customers who may not ordinarily visit due to several reasons (geography, price, reviews etc). The special menus supposed to serve a full-size 3 course menu for a fixed price. This year it's $23.13 for all restaurants participating.

We sat down to a table with both our plates chipped all around. When asked for replacement plates, were were told he would try to find some. Luckily they were found at the nearby table. The warm-served bread with olive oil was a nice starter, but lacked any real flavor or punch that made us say "wow" (Check out the bread at NYAJs)

We ordered the Fried Calamari and the Capreze Salad to start and share. The Calamari was served over a lemon-type sauce along with a steaming-hot red sauce to dip. The portion size was good while my wife thought the calamari coating had a slimy type feeling. The Caprese Salad on the other hand was a disappointment. I wish I had captured a picture of how small the serving size was for what's typically $9. We could barely distinguish the two thin slices of tomato. They looked more like thinly sliced onions. On top of that, were two VERY small thin slices of Mozzarella cheese. Very disappoint in size and made us believe this was a sample portion and not the full portion we would have received off the regular menu. (We had just spent 8 days in Sorrento, Italy last month and ate Capreze Salads every day. While we didn't expect the quality and size of the portions, we would definitely NOT order that again here).

On the flip side, our main courses where decent size and serving portion. Served piping hot and easily share able for two if required. We had Veal Parmigian and Chicken Marsala. Both were excellent and cooked to our liking.

Wrapping up we both had the Tiramisu which was the only desert option available to us on the RW menu. One for there and one to go. Great flavor and nice texture, but the portion size reminded me of those appetizers you get in the shot glass at one of the local chains. Small, small, small. This time I had the foresight to take a photo of the portion size before I dug in. We suspect that they split or 1/3rd the serving size for RW customers as it typically sells for $9.

Would I go back? Sure, would I order the same appetizers and desserts? No. Would I say something next time if they were really that small at full retail prices? Yes.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stopped in for a quick dinner and ordered a stand by off the menu, pasta bolognese. We were expecting the usual pasta with meat sauce. What we got was much better than this - I don't know how they prepared it, but it was absolutely delicious. We are considering coming here on a regular basis based on this one dish.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

July 3, 2013- out 1st and LAST time at Bistro Limoncello. Greeted by owner who was prompt and friendly. My husband ordered a cocktail - the staff "ran to the store for tonic water"- and still charged $11 for the drink - half hour late. App- calamari greasy. Entree- I had requested all mussels... They informed me that there was only enough for a fruiti di mari portion- ordered mussels w boneless chicken breast then- the mussels (about 7) were very old and stringy- fishy smell also. Dish was horrible. Left good portion. Hopefully I don't become sick. They still charged $26 for fruiti di mari- hardly any chicken also. Asked for a diet coke- the waitress said "this is very embarrassing but we are also out of that"! The service was pretty good and atmosphere clean and quaint but all else was less than mediocre.

2  Thank 12,567,844
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Had the best veal picatta here. Veal was so tender, sauce was unbelievable. Veal parmagino was good too, but not as good as the picatta. The Gorgonzola salad was delicious, Portions were good. Service was great. Dessert looked wonderful, but we had no room. We will definitely be back.

Marc T, Owner at Bistro Limoncello, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Thank you so much ! Your response is so important to me and my staff ! Hope to see you again soon,Marc Turo.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Very happy with our meal. It was obvious to see the level of care that was put into each dish. The owner was one of the best hands on owners we have seen in a restaurant. Will absolutely be eating there again soon! Great service, great music, Thank you from the happy couple at the end of the bar.

Thank you and I'm glad to hear that everything was up to your expectations! And yes I am the hardest working owner in the business!!! See you soon! Marc