“Great service, delicious entrees.”
Review of Wiggins Tavern

Wiggins Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Wiggins Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 149 Restaurants in Northampton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I ate in the restaurant on a Friday evening before seeing a show across the street at the Calvin Theater. As it was fairly early, the restaurant was only about 1/3 full at the time we dined. With that being the case, we were allowed to choose our seating location. We chose to sit near the warmth and ambience of the roaring hearth. Our service was impeccable throughout the meal - the waiter was attentive without hovering and our water glasses were regularly filled. I had the chicken pot pie and would highly recommend it. The top crust was light and flaky while the filling was creamy and filled with hearty chunks of chicken and vegetable. The restaurant offers a very nice cocktail menu and a limited but quality list of beers. The entrees were so filling that we were not able to try the dessert menu.

1  Thank whitrock1812

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had a birthday celebration (Sunday brunch). Staff was friendly and attentive. Buffet food was cool and not very tasty.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stopped in Northamton, Ma to see a friends old school (Smith College) and decided to have lunch in the Hotel Northampton. The menu was very good with choices the had us all thinking about what to try first. When we ordred, the waitress was so cheerful. The food was great and the veiw we had of the town was great as we where in the alcove table. The town was busy with shoppers and school people everywhere. It had a 70's feel

1  Thank Anthony S
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This was our first time at Wiggins Tavern. We have eaten at many of the fine establishments in Northampton in the past and have been extremely pleased so we figured we would try a new venue. I feel compelled to write this review due to the fact that I don't want anyone to experience what we experienced during our night. From the start it was a disaster. Our table was given to another group with no explanation. I explained to the hostess and manager that I had spoken to 3 of their employee since Nov. 18th and they all assured me that we were all set. We decided no big deal lets just sit down and enjoy the night. Our waiter came over and started to make some weird comments that made my wife and friends extremely uncomfortable. I thought we were on the show "What would you do." At that point we decided to leave to go to another establishment. It was the best decision we made. We will never go back to Wiggins Tavern period. This say this place needs help is an understatement!!!!!

3  Thank Herb S
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Let me begin by saying this is the first time I have written a negative review for any establishment I have visited. Our group was excited to dine at Wiggins Tavern, so much so we booked our reservation 6 weeks in advance. We had people in our party who live in all parts of the state, and this is where everyone agreed they wanted to go The majority of our party is in the professional service industry in some capacity, so treating customers, clients, and patrons with the utmost respect and courtesy is nothing new to us. Wiggins Tavern gave away our table that we had reserved, and had confirmed with FOUR different employees prior to the event. We were put in a very uncomfortable situation from the start, but had every intention of trying to make the best of it. The table the staff put us at was extremely cramped, to the point where we had to shuffle chairs around so people were comfortable. Our server made several sarcastic comments to people in our party, and when the entire situation was brought to managements attention, nothing was done to rectify the situation. Our party has traveled together and gone out to numerous fine dining establishments together and have never had an issue. It was obvious from the start that Wiggins Tavern wants you to feel privileged for having the opportunity to eat there. Our party was graciously welcomed by a restaurant in the area called "Latitude", where we proceeded to feel right at home, and spend lots of money!! In closing, if you are looking to go out to a nice restaurant, have some laughs with close friends you don't get to see very often due to work and family obligations, Wiggins Tavern should not be given a thought.

3  Thank Richard K