“Great Deal, Fair Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Northampton
Somis, CA
“Great Deal, Fair Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Needed two rooms, Got a GREAT Deal, Rooms & Beds were clean, Might be better if they offered free breakfast. This was the only place we stayed on our weeks travel through New England that did not. Was outdated, but location was good, not a lot of noise

Room Tip: stay in the back
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

I was in a jam and had to stay one night at this Clarion... it was one too many. First off, the person working at the front desk did not check me in correctly. I travel for business, and use a special card for hotel stays. SOMEHOW that card was not charged, but my personal card WAS. I received NO PHONE CALL from the hotel telling me there was any issue with my corporate card. Had I not looked at my statement I would never have noticed the charge for the room. The hotel asked me for everything but my blood type, so my phone number was in all that info they had. When I called to get the issue corrected I asked why no one from the hotel had called me. I was told "I dont have that file in front of me" by the attitude on the phone. Funny... she was able to tell me they were going to correct the charge without that file. (I am not confidant this will happen without more calls from me)
The heat was on in my room when I walked in and the room was hot. But that was probably an attempt to dry the room to reduce the stink. When I turned on the A/C, the air coming from it smelled terrible. My sinuses bothered me for two days after my stay. The restaurant is WAY WAY WAYYYYYY over priced. And $4.50 for a bottle of budwieser?!?!??!?!?!? I will never stay in this hotel again, and will shy away from Clarion all together because of this. I stay in hotels a minimum of two days a week, so for me to write a review as bad as this should tell you this hotel is very bad.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Jeffrobkyo

Travelers are raving about these Northampton hotels

Wellington, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

Recently stopped by again to see if any improvements had been made since I am always looking for lodging in this area. Are you kidding? Over the years, I was unlucky enough to have stayed here TWICE (thanks Priceline!) Horrid place, filthy, unkept, reaks of mildew and just look around you, there's mold everywhere. It is pitiful. I have stayed in accomodations in third world countries where it was much healthier. This place needs to be inspected thoroughly. Shame on priceline and the likes for continuing to stick customers with this place.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank jmmex
MERRIMACK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

Ok, to begin let me say I got this hotel thru Priceline and for $60/night. I would not have chosen to stay here by driving by or even on the reviews. That said, I spent two nights, separate stays on a business trip thru the area. The hotel used to be quite the place I can see, but it's run down and needs major renovations. The first night I stayed the room was 2nd floor, out on one end of the maze they call this hotel. It had older decore with peeling wallpaper, run down furniture etc. but the a/c was cold and the room was quiet. Second time I came back through a few days later was assigned a room 1st floor out back. Room smelled damp, musty and it was. They had a dehumidifier in a corner and it was not helping. Plus at this side of the hotel the Internet was not working (too far from wireless signal). Again cold a/c but older unit. Still quiet and got through the night. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful and there was a restaurant on site but did not use it. Figure this place a 2 star at best, but they really need to update. Won't plan to stay here again or use Priceline in this area as this would be the place they most likely sell.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
East Wakefield, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed at this hotel as guests at a wedding taking place there. The hotel was fully booked. One might think that the restaurant would have planned accordingly to serve breakfast, but no! When our party of four arrived to be seated at 9 a.m., we were told that the cook had requested that she not seat anymore people for breakfast for about 45 minutes as they had quite a large party come in and he couldn't keep up with the orders. We could tell she was very uncomfortable telling us this, and she did tell us we could be seated and get a continental breakfast ($6) but not a cooked breakfast. The restaurant is not very large and there were at least a couple of empty tables. We couldn't believe that we were turned away. The hotel itself was nothing to write home about, and our room was clean and comfortable, but for the special wedding rate of $117 plus taxes, it should have included breakfast!

And another thing - when checking my bill, I noticed a $1.50 charge for the room safe. We hadn't used it and when I mentioned it to the clerk, she asked if I wanted it taken off my bill. Duh. I know, it's only $1.50 but I was told that it is automatically put on the bill in case you use it. I wonder how many customers notice this and ask for the credit?

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
waltham
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

For $200 a night, I was grossly disappointed., No amenities, unless you count a bar of soap. Tiny room. My husband says, At least we had beds. The pool is supposed to shut down at 11, but there were people in there partying until the wee hours. Incredibly noisy as we had a pool side room. I love the signs saying that we should leave our athletic equipment outside. The other guests were incredibly unfriendly. I would rate this hotel, "disgusting."

Room Tip: stay away form the indoor pool
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank cassie e
Encinitas, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

We got a great price from Priceline. I was taking my daughter to visit colleges and it is right in the 5 college area of Smith, Amherst, Mt. Holyoke, Holycross and UMass Amherst so we thought it would be great for a one night stay. The rooms are all pet friendly but it looks and smells like they all lived in the rooms full time. The first room we checked into had no working plugs, so they moved us down the hall where the outlets worked but the prongs wouldn't stay in without propping them up so gravity didn't pull them out. There was a coffeemaker on a separate shelf outside the bathroom, but no plugs for it/ The rooms were very hot and the airconditioner only dripped condensation, didn't really cool anything off. The interior lodge seemed like it might be a cozy place in the winter, but felt hot and oppressive in the heat of the summer. The worst hotel we ever stayed in!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank KSC100
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northampton
Quality Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Hadley-Amherst
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 7 in Hadley

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!