“Good food, good service”
Review of The Sierra Grille

The Sierra Grille
Ranked #12 of 142 Restaurants in Northampton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Greenfield, Massachusetts
“Good food, good service”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We went to The Sierra Grille with friends on a Sunday evening. I read others reviews of the restaurant prior to going there and I agree with most folks! I think we were lucky to be there on a Sunday (and a rainy one at that) as we were not rushed at all as some people have mentioned. The service was attentive but not overbearing. The server was well versed in the menu and wine and beer list and helped us make choices and understand ingredients of various items. Two of us in our group had salmon and the other two the New York strip. Sauces chosen were the chutney (fruity and not too spicy), the caramelized onions and mushrooms (a bit shy on onions, for me , but I am a caramelized onion freak!!) and the wine reduction. Sides ranged from smashed potatoes to sweet potato fries to asparagus and squash. We were all proud members of the Clean Plate Club!! Deserts are the perfect size after a good dinner but I was not impressed with the creme brule. It is my favorite dessert so I have had it in many, many places and this one was just blah. Oh well...nevertheless...we had a nice time and a good meal. I'd like to go back some day and try more of the sauces and sides!!

• Visited December 2013

“So many yummy choices!”
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Just went for the first time a few days ago. It was as wonderful as everyone said it would be. I got a delicious salad with a garlic feta dressing- then I had the duck with the peanut satay. The mixed roasted potatoes were amazing along with the grilled veggies. Lots of flavor. The choices you get for meat and sauces are endless- you could go in and never have the same combo. Wine was awesome- atmosphere was intimate- I was too full for dessert. It's also really reasonably priced with the amount of food you get and the portions of wine. I will be back!

• Visited December 2013
“Great place”
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

We went for dinner and our expat ions were exceeded. We dad the smoked salmon appetizer, the flavor was great and the portion was generous. We each had a New York strip for dinner. The steak was cooked perfect. The beer selection is very good, also.

Visited November 2013
East Longmeadow, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Date Night”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

The Sierra Grill appeals to every palate. The atmosphere was nice, but a little dark for our taste. The walls are covered with fun, vintage posters that catch your eye as you eat. The service was very good, always getting what you asked for quickly and politely. The food was also good. We started off with a mac and cheese appetizer, which was very gooey and filled with flavor. For dinner, my girlfriend picked the filet mignon, which she said was perfectly cooked. I enjoyed duck breast covered in smokey BBQ sauce and sides of grilled asparagus and red mashed potatoes. For me the sauce was a little overpowering at times, but the rest of the meal was excellent and the sauce won't stop me from returning.

• Visited April 2013
Portland, Maine
“Great food and fun atmosphere!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We happened upon this restaurant on a busy Saturday evening while visiting our son. We sat in the bar as to avoid the hour long wait but the table was by the window and the noise level was such that we could have a conversation without raising our voices. The food was delicious and full of flavor. I started with a spinach salad which was generous in size and I wished it had been served on a larger plate as things kept spilling off the sides. Our waiter was helpful and attentive. The only complaint was that when we first arrived we ordered a drink at the bar and the bar tender struggled with being able to pour a beer correctly. When asked if she could pour it without a three inch head, she said there was nothing she could do about it. Minor thing for an otherwise great evening!

• Visited September 2013