“Can't Miss with This”

Ranked #14 of 145 Restaurants in Northampton
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Sierra Grille has a wonderful beer and wine selection. The server was very helpful pointing me to a beer I thoroughly enjoyed and had never had before - always a great result. Nice appetizer selection - we tried 2 types of french fries and I highly recommend the sweet potato fries with molasses mustard sauce - excellent. One of the really nice menu structures was choosing the entree and then choosing the type of sauce, so if you wanted shrimp with thai coconut sauce you get flavor combinations you're in the mood for vs. what the chef at a typical restaurant designs. And the taste of everything was excellent and our server just really made it a great experience. HIghly, highly recommend this place if you're in the Northampton area.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We had the restaurant week specials and it was delicious! For the price, this food was AMAZING, I'd have easily paid 20-30 dollars more for this food.

We had pan Asian beans, sweet potato fries, truffle fries,asparagus. Each of these sides came with a delightful flavour to compliment the mains.

I could eat that dinner again now, it was so fresh, flavoursome and delicious.

We were in a rush but the waiter, packed up our desert and kept us fed and out the door in the hour we had, so great service too.

It's decor is a tad dark, so when it's a sunny night it seems a shame to be inside this restaurant, that's my only grumble.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

The Sierra Grille has excellent service, perfected dishes, an interesting ordering system, an extensive menu of quality meats, a wide array of fantastic beers, and a warm, sophisticated ambiance. I have never had anything short of a marvelous meal there and it is one of my favorite restaurants in the Pioneer Valley's bustling food scene. The Belgian lambic beers and the duck with (various versions of) their fruit barbecue are superb, and the portion sizes are somehow just right every time. The food, drink, menu, and service really show a great effort, and it's right near Pearl Street.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by a friend. I had been here years before and thought I should try it again. It was a noisy Saturday night with a full house, but we got seated right away without a reservation. The server was nice and attentive. We had the twice fried fries which were good but not outstanding. A small order was enough for 2. My husband ordered the seared scallops with mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus. My fussy husband declared them to be okay. I had the ribeye with a mushroom and onion ale sauce, mac and cheese and grilled asparagus. The ribeye was not the best quality with gristle and the portion was smaller than most restaurants. No onions were present in the sauce, but it was still quite good. The mac and cheese tasted of flour and was dry and sticky. The grilled asparagus was excellent, tender, well seasoned and cooked to perfection. I had a very good stout ale and my husband had some sort of ginger beer. The quality of the food was not outstanding, I expect a $28 ribeye to be of good quality. We will probably not be back. This restaurant offers a poor value for the dollar.

1  Thank Trystelle
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

This was my fifth time at Sierra Grille, and I always have high hopes. With the exception of my first time there several years ago, I've always been disappointed. My last (and final) trip there was with a friend visiting from Chicago. I reluctantly agreed to go (a Monday night, so other restaurants were closed). From the moment we entered the service was poor. Despite a nearly empty seating area, the hostess was dismissive. The room had a rank, moldy odor. The waiter was slow, and while his recommendations were good, my friend received the wrong sides (their niche is that you order a main course, paired with sides and a sauce). The food was marginal, at best, and portions were expensive and small. A cocktail may have made it palatable, but alas, they have a limited license for only beer and wine.
The next time I came to Northampton, I ate at Mulinos, the restaurant just upstairs from Sierra Grille. It was far better and much more reasonably priced. It's worth the walk one flight up.