“Best coffee in the USA”

Dining options: Seating
Dining options: Seating
“Best coffee in the USA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

If you like strong, flavorful coffee with an edge then you have found the place. I have been all over the country and this is hands down the best. I recommend iced Americano's, or if you like it sweet, mocha.

The staff reviews are bogus. Many of the staff are very friendly, but most importantly, passionate about their product. If that comes off as snooty then oh well. Go here anyway!

Nice dining vibe since the restoration too. Free wifi, great place for students to study.

1 Thank JuneauSky

Northampton, Massachusetts
“Don't read the bad reviews below...just go here and enjoy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

The gripers and complainers in the reviews below don't understand the rules very well. If you want akwardly friendly service, go to Friendlies. If your need is speed, try Dunkin' Donuts. If you are not in a hurry and want a smooth latte or a delicious and strong Americano, this is indeed the place. We are not locals, and were in town on personal business. I looked ahead of time for a better than average coffee joint to grab a coffee for the ride back to Boston and decided this was the place, horrible reviews or not.

We made good use of the free short-term parking space right in front, walked in, were warmly greeted, yakked with the employee for a minute, ordered two 12 oz. lattes, and waited a good ten minutes, just as we ought to when ordering a highly crafted and expertly prepared beverage. We were not in a hurry and the drinks were worth the wait.

I'll definitely pop in again on my next visit to Northampton. Hint: the ginger-molasses cookie is an incredibly delicious treat. Next time I might order two!

• Visited April 2014
Amherst, Massachusetts
“Coffee is so good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

There coffee is so perfect. It needs no sugar. Berkshire Coffee is what they service. It the best around here. There's always a paper to read & a parking spot!

• Visited May 2013
Northampton
“The snootiest ridiculous staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I am not a Philistine about coffee or food or quality, so it is tiresome that the staff at this shop has such attitude. They are mostly young and arrogant. I have tried this place a few times before writing this, and this is the first time I have submitted a negative review to Trip Advisor. Customer service should be just that--serving the customer--not berating her/him.

There are many interesting and high quality coffee shops in our area, so there is no reason whatsoever to support a business with unkind and condescending staff. I am friendly, and I have tried to give this energy to the staff there. One time would be a fluke, but 4-5 times is crazy.

Kindness and service should go hand in hand.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank NorthamptonSyd
Northampton, MA United States
“All coffee, no pretension.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

Looking for a simple coffee shop with a super nice staff? You've found it! This is my first trip to Northampton Coffee, and as a local of Northampton/frequent coffee shop explorer, I have to say that this has made its way to the top of my list.

WHy you ask? The man who took my coffee order was super friendly, patient, nice, and overall very hospitable. Without asking, he noted the free wifi, open outlets/tables for quiet studying, and the location of the bathroom. What more could you ask for? I'm typing this review in the shop right now, and enjoying my delectable cup of coffee. Unlike doing work at "The Roost" I've been here for 2 hours now, and do not smell like a panini.

Pros
-Simple coffee shop
-Friendly staff
-Open seating, uncovered outlets
-Good coffee
-Won't smell like a toasted sandwich when you leave

Cons
-Difficult parking
-Gets a little loud when they make their coffee concoctions

• Visited January 2013