“Perfect place for vegetarians and meat eaters alike”
Review of Lhasa Cafe

Lhasa Cafe
Ranked #40 of 143 Restaurants in Northampton
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
West Hartford, Connecticut
“Perfect place for vegetarians and meat eaters alike”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

One of the most authentic Tibetian place I have visited in USA. The Tibetain bread with gravy was delicious so were the spring rolls (nothing like the ones you get in Chinese restaurants). Tried the tea with salt and butter and it was tasty, not something I would like to have too often as it's very filling, which makes sense considering the Tibetian climate without any central heating.

Visited July 2014

Warwick
“Vegan meets Yak”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

my wife and I visited Lhasa Cafe in the summer of 2014. She is a full on vegan while I am not so committed to leaving meat dishes behind. Lhasa had something for each of us. Price were very good for dinner; the cuisine was outstanding. My wife ate two differ dishes, one potato-based and the other more greens. Both were delicious, I was surprised at how flavorful they both were. I ordered soup (1 of 5 voices) that was excellent, a flour-barley-based stew. My entree was a series of dumplings: beef, chicken, vegetable, and yak (yes, yak). All 4 types were very flavorful, and the entire plate was very filling. Add in the best chai tea I have ever tasted, and you have a great meal. We will return again really soon to try something else from the extensive menu.

• Visited July 2014
Latham, New York
“Another great restaurant in Northhampton”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

My wife and I really like eating in Northampton. It has a great variety of restaurants. We had eaten at the Lhasa Café and decided to try it again. The meal was wonderful. They have terrific vegetarian options. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited July 2014
Falmouth, MA
“Stir Fry Yak in Northampton?”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Based on TA reviews we had dinner at Lhasa Cafe while visiting family in the area. We tried 2 different soups, the best of which was a yellow lentil. We then shared a plate of vegetable dumplings and an order of Yak sautéed with vegetables. All very good. The service was good and the place pleasant and comfortable.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Mikeb1Falmouth_MA
Stonington, Maine
“Yak stew and other delicious foods from Tibet”
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Not what u expect in Northampton MA. But a great little Tibetan restaurant on the main high street. Real Tibetan family run place with great service and atmosphere. The reviews tipped it for us. See picture for food. Momo dumplings, Dali soup. Yak stew and chicken curry. All very good light and full of flavors
Definitely recommend this one