“Great Food!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Chatham, Massachusetts
“Great Food!”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Osaka has terrific food -- at least one of the best, if not the best, sushi place in the area, although not up to good to high-end NYC standards. The hibachi is also excellent and is both served at the regular restaurant tables and at the Benihana-style grills - complete with entertaining knife skills - available in a separate room. We've always found the service to be friendly, helpful, and informative, although sometimes it can take a bit to get your wait-person's attention. We find this to be an excellent and fairly priced family restaurant as well as being a great spot for a couple's night out.

• Visited February 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food Poor Service”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

It's funny when I was reading a previous complaint about this place it mentioned the rudeness of the waitstaff on their phones not caring about customers and I thought to myself maybe it was just a bad day.

My husband and I decided to try this place out as we love hibachi and I love sushi. When first walking in the manager was on his cell phone who held his finger to us as if he were hailing a cab. When seated we quickly got water and menus then was greeted (well kind of) buy our waitress who did not smile and barely look at you when taking our order even after many pleases and thank you's.

The food was delicious, well priced, and good portioned however our server wouldn't know because she barely spoke to us and never checked back. The mai tais were delicious but getting a second one took some time as our waitress didn't come back until our meal was finished.

I again like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and will return but we would have stayed longer if we felt more welcomed.

Tanabe, Japan
“Awesome for a date night!”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I can't believe that in almost 4 years of living in the Pioneer Valley that I waited so long to visit Osaka.

My boyfriend and I went on a Friday night. We called ahead for reservations, as we expected a long wait. There's a catch with the reservations here though: they won't take 'em if you're a party of two.The restaurant was absolutely packed, when we got there but we were seated immediately after we walked in the door.

For meals, we both started with miso soup which was standard, although the portions were on the small side. For entrees we had the tonkatsu and half-and-half fusion roll, both with rice. The tonkatsu was pretty average and on the dry side. The half-and-half roll was outstanding - a rice-less tuna "sushi" roll topped with half mango, half avocado and dressed with tobiko and green tea avocado sauce. It was sitting in a slick of chili sauce which was cloyingly sweet... there definitely could have been less of it. For dessert we both had ice cream which was reasonably priced (and generously portioned)!

The food is great, the location is convenient, the service was prompt and the atmosphere is cozy. I can't wait to go back!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Aubrey B
“Worth the trip.”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We took our daughter here for the 24th birthday. It was wonderful! the place is much bigger than it looks but come early. we arrived at 6:30pm and were able to get in but by 7:30pm there was a very long line. The staff was friendly and skilled. Shared a plate of sushi that was fresh and delightful. it can with 8 pieces which made it perfect as an appetizer for our group of 4 and just right as a meal in it's own right. the hibachi chef was funny and skilled. It was fairly standard fair but well seasoned and entertaining. Forks are available but subtly discouraged. all of our party are skilled enough at chopsticks that it wasn't an issue. Price was ~$25/person which included drinks and the sushi appetizer. There is no on street parking or private lot but the Northampton garage is right across the street and cheap at .50/hr first hr free.

• Visited January 2014
Greenfield, Massachusetts
“So much fun”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I went to Osaka with a huge party on a Friday night, we had reservations, were seated right away, there was no waiting for anything, and it was so much fun! We had three employees attending to our every need, the minute we were on the last sip of our beer we were offered another. The food was great, I loved the mushroom soup. We had a great time.

• Visited January 2013