“Worth the trip.”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We took our daughter here for the 24th birthday. It was wonderful! the place is much bigger than it looks but come early. we arrived at 6:30pm and were able to get in but by 7:30pm there was a very long line. The staff was friendly and skilled. Shared a plate of sushi that was fresh and delightful. it can with 8 pieces which made it perfect as an appetizer for our group of 4 and just right as a meal in it's own right. the hibachi chef was funny and skilled. It was fairly standard fair but well seasoned and entertaining. Forks are available but subtly discouraged. all of our party are skilled enough at chopsticks that it wasn't an issue. Price was ~$25/person which included drinks and the sushi appetizer. There is no on street parking or private lot but the Northampton garage is right across the street and cheap at .50/hr first hr free.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I went to Osaka with a huge party on a Friday night, we had reservations, were seated right away, there was no waiting for anything, and it was so much fun! We had three employees attending to our every need, the minute we were on the last sip of our beer we were offered another. The food was great, I loved the mushroom soup. We had a great time.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Best sushi, great prices, easy atmosphere. I have been going to Osaka for at least 10 years--basically as long as they have been open and it has always been good. Try the buddha Roll and the yoshi roll. Now they have fusion rolls as well that are delicious!
The only negative I have is that they are in desperate need of a bathroom overhaul. it is really gross. Although I have never gotten sick there, there is something about the way the bathroom is kept that makes me worried about the cleanliness elsewhere. It should seriously be gutted and started over.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We decided to try Osaka on a business trip to Northampton. We both love sushi and we're not disappointed. The menu was huge, almost to the point of distraction but we went right to the sushi section and found several interesting choices that we had not seen before in other Japanese restaurants. Everything we ordered was fresh and well presented. Our waitress was helpful in explaining some of the dishes and giving recommendations, and I was impressed with the number of times the waitstaff came to the table to fill our water glasses. It is a small thing but showed good service. All the dishes were delicious and I would definitely return.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I love sushi. i have probaly gone out for sushi more than any other type of food. One complaint i have about it however is that as much as i love it the experience can be a bit generic. The rolls tend to be exactly the same from one sushi place to the next.

Osaka is the exception to this. They had MANY rolls on their menu that i have never seen before. On my visit here my buddy and i both ordered sushi lunch special combos along with the oysters 3 ways and the kobe beef roll. The lunnch specials were typical lunch specials but they do get bonus points for serving it in an actual bento box. The oysters 3 ways was pretty dam good but in my opinion grossly overpriced. The star though was the kobe beef roll. This was absolutely amazing. it was raw beef in a roll topped in what i would describe as a spicy sweet and sour sauce. i liked it so much i cant stop thinking about it. Osaka loses points for its atmosphere as i would say the decor of this place makes it look like any other japenese steak house. But if you want to impress a first date without overdoing the romance i think this place would be a solid restaurant.