“Very tasty”

Viva Fresh Pasta Company
Ranked #23 of 152 Restaurants in Northampton
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are "a small neighborhood restaurant (with two floors of dining!) that serves unpretentious fare in generous portions at reasonable prices to a loyal clientele. The mood is warm and friendly. The food is fragrant, earthy and sensual." WHAT IS IN YOUR FOOD? We cook for your enjoyment and for your health! We use only non-GMO Canola & Extra Virgin Olive oil in our sauces. For saute items we also use non-GMO Grape Seed & Rice Bran oil. Our Eggs are organic. Our pasta flour is high-protein non-GMO durum flour. Our corn meal for polenta is organic and non-GMO.
Reviewed April 16, 2016

Very tasty meal: I had salmon cooked just right (crispy outside, tender inside) on spinach fettuccine with a white wine & butter sauce. Delicious. My wife loved her whole grain spelt fettuccine with a white wine and olive oil sauce with sliced dried figs, caramelized onions, toasted walnuts and arugula. She rarely finishes her dishes but made an exception in this case!

The main floor of the restaurant is fairly small; the majority of the tables are downstairs. It was a bit noisy down there for my taste - the nearby tables were having a great evening - but regardless I would happily return for another delicious meal.

Reviewed April 11, 2016

The restaurant was very warm, but it wasn't until another patron mentioned it that they agreed to turn on the air conditioner. Once they did, the meal became enjoyable.

My daughter got fresh pasta with pesto. I got the quarter chicken with vegetables. We didn't order big, but we spent about $40. The chicken was seasoned very well, but was nearly all bone. The pasta was wonderful, (we shared with one another,) but quite a small dish for costing over $10. Service was pretty good.

Reviewed April 11, 2016

It has been a few years since we had dined at Viva Fresh Pasta. So, on this trip to Northampton, we decided to go there for dinner. After my husband's initial disappointment that they were out of mussels, he was pleasantly surprised when our waiter, who took the time to double check this item, returned with good news - one more order! This dish was prepared well. The mussels and the linguine absorbed the flavor of the broth. The mussels were a good size, too. The pasta bolognese was equally as good. I could taste the sauce with every bite. Our waiter was extremely accommodating. He checked with us to be sure our meals were good. He was friendly and efficient. We were not rushed at any point. As we were leaving, he made sure to thank us one more time and wished us a good evening. We will definitely keep this restaurant on our list.

Reviewed March 18, 2016

My daughter attends college in Northampton, Ma. Viva Pasta is my favorite restaurant there. Very fresh and healthy, homemade cuisine. Most importantly, it tastes great!

1  Thank William H
Reviewed February 21, 2016

We've been here several times - always a great meal. There are two dining rooms - upstairs and downstairs. We like the downstairs room best. The service is awesome. We are always heartily greeted by all of the staff. Our waitress this Friday night was the best. She answered all our questions and went out of her way to make our visit memorable.

The food here is superb. It's helpful that they have a small plates menu, also. I don't have a large appetite, so sometimes I like to get a small meal and a salad. This Friday, I tried the sweet potato ravioli and a Caesar salad. Best Caesar salad I've ever had.

Keep up the good work, Viva Fresh Pasta Company.

1  Thank Cindy T