“Homemade pasta excellent, great bread, great service”

Viva Fresh Pasta Company
Ranked #23 of 152 Restaurants in Northampton
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are "a small neighborhood restaurant (with two floors of dining!) that serves unpretentious fare in generous portions at reasonable prices to a loyal clientele. The mood is warm and friendly. The food is fragrant, earthy and sensual." WHAT IS IN YOUR FOOD? We cook for your enjoyment and for your health! We use only non-GMO Canola & Extra Virgin Olive oil in our sauces. For saute items we also use non-GMO Grape Seed & Rice Bran oil. Our Eggs are organic. Our pasta flour is high-protein non-GMO durum flour. Our corn meal for polenta is organic and non-GMO.
Reviewed March 18, 2016

My daughter attends college in Northampton, Ma. Viva Pasta is my favorite restaurant there. Very fresh and healthy, homemade cuisine. Most importantly, it tastes great!

1  Thank William H

Reviewed February 21, 2016

We've been here several times - always a great meal. There are two dining rooms - upstairs and downstairs. We like the downstairs room best. The service is awesome. We are always heartily greeted by all of the staff. Our waitress this Friday night was the best. She answered all our questions and went out of her way to make our visit memorable.

The food here is superb. It's helpful that they have a small plates menu, also. I don't have a large appetite, so sometimes I like to get a small meal and a salad. This Friday, I tried the sweet potato ravioli and a Caesar salad. Best Caesar salad I've ever had.

Keep up the good work, Viva Fresh Pasta Company.

1  Thank Cindy T
Reviewed February 13, 2016

So why have I not tried this restaurant sooner? That is my question to myself. There is so much to like! I've been 2 times now to make sure the experience was what I wanted to write about. At first glance, looking at the menu everything sounds good! If you just want something light, the appetizers are generous and the salads are fullfilling.
When I go to an Italian Restaurant, if they don't make their own pasta, I'm certainly not going to order a pasta. It's not that hard to make and to charge me $25 bucks for a plate of .79 cent pasta is not what I want. Viva actually makes the pasta, tells you how and what kind of flour and exactly what you are getting. Now, who does that? This to me is the standard for dining, I want to know about the ingredients you are using. This should be standard and not hidden on a menu.
On to the food. My first visit I had the local IPA on tap which I really enjoyed. I ordered the wild mushroom ravioli which was very good. The waiter, which I cannot remember his name was excellent. Very attentive and knew the menu.
My second visit for lunch I sat at the bar and the waiter was also very attentive, gave recomendations and and was very friendly. I tried the fish chower on recomendation which was good but not great. I think it needs something but I was impressed by the quality of the soup, which you could tell was home made.
Next was the Farro Island Salmon Appetizer, awesome portion and cooked to order. Rarely do you get asked how you want your Salmon cooked but here you are asked and it was perfect.
For my entree I chose the artichoke gnocci of the day, excellent and I would order again. The gnocci was cooked perfectly and it was very tasty. I loved my food at Viva and I highly recomend it not only as a value but for the cozy atmosphere.
A couple of tweaks I would suggest is the stemware for the wine is subpar. If you are going to charge me $11 bucks for a glass of wine, serve it in the proper stemware please. The wine list is interesting, but not one to seek out if coming here to dine. They could use a little help in this department. Never the less, the food is good and I would go back and order one meal to eat in and a meal to go, maybe skip the wine and go for the local IPA.
Viva, good job and good food!

Reviewed February 8, 2016

Warm atmosphere - ate in corner booth downstairs. Fresh ingredients led to
excellent flavors. Waitress was curt but knowledgeable.

1  Thank Patricia J
Reviewed January 31, 2016 via mobile

Stopped in with friends while our kids were at field hockey practice. What a gem. Food was outstanding. Service was great. Atmosphere is quaint and inviting. Would recommend to anyone looking for a great dinner at reasonable prices. We will definitely return.