“APPRECIATED HOMEMADE PASTA” 4 of 5 bubbles

Viva Fresh Pasta Company
Ranked #17 of 141 Restaurants in Northampton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are "a small neighborhood restaurant (with two floors of dining!) that serves unpretentious fare in generous portions at reasonable prices to a loyal clientele. The mood is warm and friendly. The food is fragrant, earthy and sensual." WHAT IS IN YOUR FOOD? We cook for your enjoyment and for your health! We use only non-GMO Canola & Extra Virgin Olive oil in our sauces. For saute items we also use non-GMO Grape Seed & Rice Bran oil. Our Eggs are organic. Our pasta flour is high-protein non-GMO durum flour. Our corn meal for polenta is organic and non-GMO.
Westfield, Massachusetts
“APPRECIATED HOMEMADE PASTA”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

I have eaten here twice so far. Once for lunch and once for dinner. I enjoyed it both times. It is rare to find homemade pasta and I enjoyed being able to select from the variety they had. My daughter and husband enjoyed the appetizer garlic cheese bread. For dinner my husband had the mussel dish which he said was very good. I did receive the wrong type of pasta and had to wait for them to correct that which meant most of the others were done by the time I had my meal. It would have been nice if they had offered me a free glass of wine while I was waiting but they did not. I do enjoy the food. I like the fact that they offer a spelt pasta for those gluten free patrons. My daughter did try the cheesecake which she was not a fan of but my husband and I felt it was good. The meals for dinner run around 15-20 dollars which I feel were fair. The meals do not come with anything, no bread, no salad. I had a side of kale which was tasty but very salty. Overall I enjoyed the meal and would go if I had a taste for homemade pasta or unusual flavors of pasta. Nice setting downstairs for romantic meal. Service was overall attentive and good.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Orlando, Florida
“"I'm only reporting"”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

We decided to try this local pasta restaurant after a glowing recommendation from a good friend. She had obviously been there on a good night(s) but that was not to be our luck. Viva is an attractive, small place that features and promotes its house made pasta and sauces. I started with a Caesar Salad and while it had good flavor it was grossly overdressed. For a main course I chose the egg fettuccine from the six or so non-filled pastas available that night. Then I selected Fra Diavolo sauce and then some shrimp to finish the dish. Fra Diavolo is meant to be, and is described on the menu as a "spicy tomato sauce"... mine, while flavorful, had absolutely no heat ... not even a hint of heat. The shrimp were properly cooked but the past was very much overcooked leaving a mass of mushy starch in the center of the plate. I got the impression that kitchen simply doesn't care. When I told our waitress (who was friendly and competent) that the sauce was not spicy at all I heard her tell the kitchen staff "that Fra Diavolo that just went out wasn't at all spicy". I could not hear what the response was from someone in the kitchen but I did here her say defensively "well I'm just reporting". I'm always willing to give a restaurant a second chance. Anyone can have an off night. But I don't think I'll go back here. The food doesn't live up to its price.

• Visited October 2013
Lenox, Massachusetts
“OMG, buy a hotdog at a convenience store before wasting money here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Worst pasta carbonara I have ever tasted. Had to pay for bread and it was like eating a synthetic sponge. Wine served in the following sizes: sample, glass or bottle. No carafes or half bottles. I am so sorry I spent one red cent here.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank lenoxdog
Longwood, Florida
“Nice pasta combos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

We went for lunch on a weekday. The restaurant was not busy and the service was quick. We all enjoyed the mix and match pasta combo concept. Three out of four diners had ravioli. All were very tasty. Our only disappointment was the portion size. One dish only had five ravioli, which left little to spare for sharing.

Visited September 2013
Western MA
“Pushy Service, Nickeled and Dimed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

I really want to like this restaurant; I have eaten here probably once or twice a year for the past 18 years. Every time I do I remember why I don’t eat here very often. The food is ok but very overpriced for the portion size and quality. The waitress try to up sell everything and are pushy about it; that tells me the owners push this type of treatment of their customers. The latest meal here was a lunch on a beautiful day so I chose to try this restaurant again as I wanted to sit at the front outside table and enjoy the day and people watching. I ordered the Dijon mussels, the mussels were only ok but at $11 I expected enough to serve as a light lunch, the portion size was small. I asked for extra bread (it came with 1 slice) and low and behold, they charge for bread; I was one person and the waitress brought me the “large”, a whole loaf not even the small loaf, I was very surprised when I got my check. At $11 for ¾ pound of mussels, you would think they could throw in a few slices of bread or at least not bring the large bread for 1 person. There are much better places to eat in Northampton with better prices and actually good service. This place seems to nickel and dime their customers and every time I eat here I wonder if the owners actually want repeat customers.

• Visited August 2013