“Ok, but give India House a better look”
Review of India Palace

India Palace
Ranked #53 of 150 Restaurants in Northampton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed January 14, 2013

India Palace on MIn St is one of those places you wonder about how they stay in business. It's almost always pretty empty. The food is good, but not great. Nice place to try Indian food for lunch, but just a few blocks away, on State St, I'd recommend India House for dinner.

Nothing really wrong with the food at India Palace, but it lacks any personality. It has its own following, but it's not a large crowd. I suppose if you want a quiet, non-description Indian meal, this would be a good pace to go, bi put I'd rather take the few extra steps to State St. And enjoy India House 's food along with the wonderful mother and daughter who run the establishment.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

I rarely write restaurant reviews but was startled to see the previous reviews for India Palace (I happened upon these reviews while looking for their menu online). Our family has been eating here for many years and it is our favorite restaurant. The food is excellent (we are vegetarian). Their lentil soup is superb. The people who work here have always been very nice to us. The decor is not fancy, but I actually think this is the most hospitable restaurant in Northampton. The food here is wonderful; the service is fantastic; I would rate this one of the best restaurants in Northampton.

Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

This is pretty bad for Indian IMHO. The sad thing is is still continue to eat here because its within walking distance of my house and I love Indian foo that much. The tikka masala sauce was bland, the chicken came in little cubes. The shahi korma was too sweet and the panner came grated. I've had more on the menu. So far in my experiences, things are mediocre at best.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

This is the worst Indian food I have ever had. I have had some pretty bad Indian food too (and, fortunately, some great Indian food). It's on the main drag in the hustle and bustle, so non-natives like me are susceptible to the bad choice. When I ate lunch here it was late so I was only a little concerned that no one else was in the restaurant. The one star is for service, which was fine. A curry dish seemed like canned cat food. The tandoori was overcooked and dry. The dirty-ish interior didn't bother me that much but they have to remember they need to keep up with the other restaurants in town in every way. Why and how can they be in business? Next time I visit I'll try the other Indian restaurant I see has excellent reviews.

1  Thank santonez
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We ordered cheese& cilanthro Naan (good) and onion and garlic (?thyme) ok was spicy. Lamb tandoori was good, vegie stew was really good with white basmati. I had a fresh lemonade made with sparkling water, was refreshing. My friend had the house made cheese. She said it was ok. didn't recommend.
We sat outside which was nice. the ambience was good.
the service compared to most restaurants in the area: excellent. The maitre de and waitresses were always checking on us and were so pleasant and attending.
Overall I recommend this restaurant for a change to an indian cuisine.