“Low-quality food.”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

This is pretty bad for Indian IMHO. The sad thing is is still continue to eat here because its within walking distance of my house and I love Indian foo that much. The tikka masala sauce was bland, the chicken came in little cubes. The shahi korma was too sweet and the panner came grated. I've had more on the menu. So far in my experiences, things are mediocre at best.

There are newer reviews for India Palace

Reviewed November 21, 2012

This is the worst Indian food I have ever had. I have had some pretty bad Indian food too (and, fortunately, some great Indian food). It's on the main drag in the hustle and bustle, so non-natives like me are susceptible to the bad choice. When I ate lunch here it was late so I was only a little concerned that no one else was in the restaurant. The one star is for service, which was fine. A curry dish seemed like canned cat food. The tandoori was overcooked and dry. The dirty-ish interior didn't bother me that much but they have to remember they need to keep up with the other restaurants in town in every way. Why and how can they be in business? Next time I visit I'll try the other Indian restaurant I see has excellent reviews.

1  Thank santonez
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We ordered cheese& cilanthro Naan (good) and onion and garlic (?thyme) ok was spicy. Lamb tandoori was good, vegie stew was really good with white basmati. I had a fresh lemonade made with sparkling water, was refreshing. My friend had the house made cheese. She said it was ok. didn't recommend.
We sat outside which was nice. the ambience was good.
the service compared to most restaurants in the area: excellent. The maitre de and waitresses were always checking on us and were so pleasant and attending.
Overall I recommend this restaurant for a change to an indian cuisine.

Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

Made the mistake of not checking the reviews first. The lamb masala reminded me of canned Dinty Moore stew. The food was definitely uninspired.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

we mistook it for the other highly recommended Indian restaurant in Northampton and didn't realize we went to the "wrong" place until we were seated. Much to our surprise it was a pleasant place with friendly staff and delicious food. We enjoyed it thoroughly.