“When it is good it is very very good”
Review of India Palace

India Palace
Ranked #54 of 145 Restaurants in Northampton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed January 2, 2012

India Palace has delicious food...sometimes. In fact, we have enjoyed some of our best Indian meals there. So we keep going back. This has sometimes led to big disappointments -- stale food that seems to have been re-heated several times, sloppy presentation, a surly hostess, get-em-in-and-out rushed service, and tables that are too close together to have a conversation.

1  Thank VermontRainbow
There are newer reviews for India Palace

Reviewed May 11, 2011

Good food but DON'T BOTHER UNLESS you want to be fraudulently overcharged on your credit card statement.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed April 12, 2008

the food's not great, but they have a cheap lunch menu. the owners are really nice.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed May 5, 2007

India Palace survives, it seems, on tourists who don't know any better. Check it out on any night when other restaurants are near full - there's only ever a smattering in India Palace. Also, note that the celebratory food review articles they post on their windows are at least 10 years old - this is all for a reason.

I had been told before going that this was not a great place, but decided to give it a chance anyway. I should have listened to my friends. Their food is downright awful. It doesn't have any flavor! I love Indian food, and I can say that even though I can't make it myself that well, I can make it at home better than India Palace does. The decor and ambiance are unpleasant to say the least, but the servers are usually fine. It's unclear why this place is still in business - especially since GREAT Indian food can be found over on State St. at India House. Or, just go buy some of the stuff you find in cans or pouches and heat it up.

A TripAdvisor Member
Easthampton, MA
Reviewed May 5, 2006

I love the India Palace. The food is good, the servers are attentive and the portions are perfect. The decor might be a little barren but, I always enjoy going there or taking out. I would reccomend this restaurant to anyone looking for authentic Indian food with cordial service.