“Excellent food, a little noisy”
Review of India House

India House
Ranked #13 of 149 Restaurants in Northampton
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 4, 2012

The food is excellent and inventive, with plenty of vegetarian choices and meat-based choices. The wait-staff are friendly and helpful. The only drawback is the noise -- it can be hard for older people to hear if it gets at all crowded.

1  Thank Nancy-the-reader

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I'm not very well-versed in Indian cuisine, but the man who took our order was very helpful. Also, I don't eat dark meat, so he was happy to customize my order to all white meat chicken, and the curry was FANTASTIC. I will go back next time I treat myself!

1  Thank HadleyHoJoFOM
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Saw a small mouse running around. Stopped the meal and ran out. Yikes!
I confronted them they got defensive

2  Thank maathen
Reviewed October 3, 2012

OK food terrible service not to mention the server lady's attitude.
I hate to give a local business bad review on one bad experience but three is a row and you own it!

2  Thank PeopleKnowMe
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My family returned to India House after a few months since our last visit and sadly were somewhat disappointed. This is the Valley's oldest and most recognized place for Indian cuisine, and the owners are always present, providing a warm welcome to all. But this visit proved disappointing from the perspective of value for money. The area competiton, for example, provide not just a single Naan in a basket for $3, but usually three cut into six generous pieces. A mixed grill over $21 should have more variety of meats and something more than a generous heaping of sizzling julienne onions and peppers. On the other hand, an appetizer of hot chicken wings was delicious and reasonably priced, as was a well-prepared Biryani that I enjoyed, but came home with I think less than what remained on my platter unfinished, for its generous portion. India House has always been the gold standard for this cuisine, but there are others that represent a somewhat better value, albeit in a less friendly environment.

1  Thank RobLongmeadow_MA