“Best Indian Restaurant in Western Mass”
Review of India House

India House
Ranked #10 of 145 Restaurants in Northampton
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2008

I can only speak for the last 10 years of dining regularly at this reasonably priced, family owned restaurant when I say that it is consistently delicious. I have never been disappointed either by the food or service.

1  Thank ArdentTraveler

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 31, 2007

Best Indian food you will find in the pioneer valley. Tasty Dahl!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 27, 2007

Great but a long wait sometimes.

1  Thank travellinn
Reviewed September 30, 2006

I have been to quite a few Indian restaurants and to my surprise, this was definitely the least impressive out of all of them. We got there a little before 6 on a Sat. night and the place was full, so we thought we made a good choice trying a new place. However the service was slow all night and the food was only OK. We had to ask to order, the waitress took a long time getting to us. The samosas came out in a timely fashion but they were just ok compared to others we've had, and were not really hot in the middle. We waited probably a half an hour for our food - WAY too long, it felt like forever - and it wasn't just us; people who got seated right before us got their meals right before us. I was so excited for my vegetable masala, expecting it to be fantastic and I was disappointed! For masala lovers, it was too creamy/not tomato-y enough and just not enough flavors in it. I mean it was good enough to eat, but when I compare it every other place I've been it's the worst one. The male owner asked us how things were after about 2 bites, and then nobody asked us how things were until the female owner came when we were almost done, waiting for more rice. Had to ask for more rice and more water - no offers. When we left, there was a line out the door, and I am so glad we did not wait for a table here.
Bottom line: I do not recommend this place. Go to Pintu's on Elm St. in West Springfield (near Cerrato's and Fast Feet) for some of the best Indian you will ever have. Also, The Garden in Agawam is excellent.

3  Thank GoneTil9