“my new favorite”

Webster"s Fish Hook Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 149 Restaurants in Northampton
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This just might be my new favorite seafood place. That is without driving to the ocean. I went there on a recomendation found here at Trip Advisor. We had the lunch platters. Mine was fried whole clams with the roasted potatos and slaw. The food was excellent. The place seemed clean and the prices were very reasonable ($23 for two). Considerably higher though for the dinner menu. The only slight drawback is that it is self serve. My mom had the fried bay scallop and shrimp combo and she liked it very much. The parking is easy and the ladies room was clean and neat. What more could you ask for. We'll definitely be back.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

My husband wanted a lobster for his birthday, and we didn't want a lot of fuss,so we thought we'd go to the Fish Hook. It was a winter Tuesday evening and I wasn't really sure if things would be up to their summer standards. When I realized we were one of only three tables, i thought "uh oh."

Shouldn't have worried.

The lobster was great; I had grilled shrimp scallops and chicken Cajun style.
The main dishes were great: They do seafood.

BUT: the sides?

What a treat! My husband had roasted potatoes and they were roasted [ you'd be surprised how many places microwave them]. Small round, in the skin and so tasty we actually put 2 of them in the doggy bag to take home and eat later. The coleslaw was fresh and had a hint of horseradish, even the fries were wonderful.

They've redone the booths and now use real plates and silverware, but they haven't lost that casual, coming in from a hard day at the beach feel. Difficult to pull off as they are on a very busy corner just outside Northampton.

Good simple food, well prepared, casual comfortable atmosphere.

Go. Pretend it's summer on the Cape.

Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Websters has been a staple in Northampton for decades. Known to locals as a fresh fish fast restaurant, their menu hasnt changed for ever. Decor and layout is old. Food is so ewhat pricy for the style of reataurant, but the taste and portions of the food more then make up for the downfalls. Do i recommend this restaurant right off of exit 18 on RT91? You bet cha. Next door to the tail trail for biking, ice cream in the summer...country garden center. Lots to do in a short amount of time...

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We were hungry and wanted seafood for lunch. I got the baked stuffed cod, salad bar and roasted potatoes. Fish was good. Stuffing part was ok, very buttery. Potatoes were good. Salad bar was fresh and cucumber in dill dressing was really good. Macaroni salad was good. Veggies for the green salad were all very fresh and delish. Good choices for dressings for your salad. Hubs had the catfish. It was good. Clam chowder was thick and creamy. Definitely left full and happy.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

This is a good place for fish but only if you don't cook it yourself at home. The prices are quite high for what you get. Don't get a dinner unless you want a lot of french fries. Me when I go out for fish or clams, I want fish or clams. Not fillers. Be careful when you buy a pint of clams because you get a lot of coated fried crumbs in place of some of the clams. I think Jack August Seafood Restaurant was much, much better back in the day. Still if you really want the best fish, go to the store and buy some fresh cod and bake it at home or a tuna steak at home on the grill. Webster's Fish Crook Restaurant can't match that.