“A good meal”

Moshi Moshi
Ranked #52 of 149 Restaurants in Northampton
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I am not a sushi fan since I had a bad first experience with sushi. I went with the shrimp fried rice (which was awesome). Upon telling our server about my sushi experience, he proceeded to bring me some to try. It was delicious! Next time I'm back in Northampton I'm going to order sushi rather than the fried rice! I appreciate that the server allowed me to try something new and was so accommodating.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

DO NOT order off of the menu. Sit at the bar, say hi, then tell your server that you want "Sam to decide my dinner". Sure you can get traditional sushi and sashimi, but Sam's creation' are second to none. You will not go away hungry or unsatisfied. Part of the charm of Moshi Moshi is its cozyness, and non traditional music. Delicious fare, great sake, great conversations with Sam, and the reggae in the background always make for a great night. Moshi Moshi is great for solo, friends, or to bring that special someone. I try to go whenever i am in town.

1  Thank natesel2
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I took my elderly, disabled mother to Moshi Moshi and was delighted at the respect and support she received from all the staff. Also, the owner made me a special dessert that was not on the menu because my mother told him I had cancer.
Moshi Moshi is simple, too small, and really good. They have a wide variety of sushi and have impressed me by taking an item off the menu for the day if the fish is not good enough.
My Partner and I went there for our anniversary dinner and once again, were treated like queens - special sushi when the staff learned of the purpose of our visit.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I ate there mid-afternoon by myself on a Friday. There was only one other customer. I had a california roll, ebi and miso soup. It was all good. The waitress was kind and attentive, the owner extremely friendly, but the sushi chefs were pretty somber. But they did their work well. They have an upstairs that I didn't see, but the little sushi bar was comfortable and attractive.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

If you want to try something wonderful try the Caterpillar roll, listening to reggae is much preferred over Osaka's happy-hardcore asian rave music! The owners sam and kimmy are SUPER nice and always approachable, you will be greeted excitedly every time and the sushi is always super fresh, THIS is the BEST place to get sushi in Northampton, however it is more suitable for intimate, smaller parties!

1  Thank Clinton R