“Best Sushi in the Region”
Review of Moshi Moshi

Moshi Moshi
Ranked #51 of 143 Restaurants in Northampton
Cuisines: Japanese
Northampton, MA
“Best Sushi in the Region”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I've eaten many times at all of the sushi joints in Northampton, as well as many in NYC, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Washington DC, Chicago, and Boston. The sushi at MoshiMoshi is at least as good as the best I've sampled in any of those cities (and I've hit the top Tripadvisor spots in all of them). The fish is good, the rice is correct, the ambiance is casual and warm, and the chef is charming and energetic. The prices are typical, the quantities are standard. You'll pay a lot more for less (and lower quality) in SF, NYC, Boston, and DC, that's for sure.

Be sure to check out the items on the Specials list! The rice bombs are to die for!

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank TigerGirl0

Boston, Massachusetts
“Delicious food”
Reviewed December 24, 2011

My husband had a lunch plate which was nicely displayed in a lacquer tray. I had asked the chef about making okonomiyaki, which is not on the menu. Luckily, he had all the ingredients and cheerily created this savory pancake dish. It was delicious and filling. The green tea was good and hot and served in hearty stoneware cups. A great view of downtown Northampton from the second floor dining room plus attentive service made for a nice lunch experience.

Visited December 2011
Sturbridge, Massachusetts
“Best Sushi in Northampton”
Reviewed October 23, 2011

This is the best Sushi in Northampton. Sam, the owner and Chef, does a fantastic job as does everyone who works there. Especially good are the live scallops -- generally available on Thurs-Sat. Note that it is not an inexpensive place.

Northampton, Massachusetts
“Tiny portions, very overpriced, pushy staff”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

I visited Moshi Moshi for the first time last month and will not be going again. It was during Northampton's sidewalk sales, when the town is full of visitors, and I should have known better when I saw I was the only diner there. When I walked in, one of the four sushi makers behind the bar commented on what I looked like, which I thought was a little bizarre and unprofessional. So, I went to an outside table to eat.

I ordered the eel sushi and the blackened tuna. Well, for a total of $14 I got only TWO pieces of mediocre sushi and four micro-thin 3-inch long strips of tuna. When I picked up the sushi, one of them fell apart! You'd think with four guys making sushi and no other customers to serve they could at least have rolled it tightly. The taste was okay, but nothing special. And, to top it all off, in the 20 minutes I was there the waitress came out to check on me THREE TIMES! It was ridiculous. I've had much better sushi at Osaka and other places around the valley. There's no need to go back here.

• Visited July 2011
San Francisco, California
“Great food, atmosphere and service”
Reviewed June 19, 2011

My husband and I eat here all the time and we've never had a meal we didn't like - everything is always fresh and tasty. The menu offers something for everyone and is very reasonably priced (compared to other high priced and no-so-good restaurants in NoHo). For non-sushi lovers or vegetarians, try the stir-fry (amazing), for the more adventurous, order the "Sam-I-am" role which is personally made by other owner, Sam, and is a one-of-kind creation.

The atmosphere is intimate, personal and very friendly. I'd highly suggest sitting at the sushi bar and enjoying some Saki or Orion. Great place. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited June 2011