“Probably wont return”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Was one of the warm weeks last week when we decided to dine at spoleto. When we walked into the restaurant the A/C system was broken so it was very warm inside, That should have been our que to walk out and not eat here, but we didnt. We waited several minutes at the door area to be seated and experienced about 3 servers walk right past us without any acknowledgment, not even a hello or a "we will be right with you"....Sign #2 that we should have walked out and left.
Finally seated our server was ok, she was nice and all but one in our party was served a completely different dish than orders. We were seated nearest to the kitchen area making it hotter in an already warm enviornment.
I had never thought I would witness the craziness of things that goes on on the show called Restaurant Stakeout but here we did get a little taste of it. Basicaslly throughout, on and off, because we were close to the kitchen/grill area 3 servers would always be just hanging out shooting the sh&$ or texting on their phones, not very professional at all.
I do have to hand it to the chef and his staff, the food was pretty good but becuase the front of house basically sucked we most likely be back here again, there are too many other nicer
places in Noho with better service

1  Thank beachclubdvc

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Recently they moved into a more beautiful space but we happened to go during the monthly restaurant week in Northampton the servers were literally running to keep up with the flood of people wanting to sample the monthly fixed price menu. Our waitress seemed bothered that we planned to order off the regular menu but I have certain dietary needs. But over the years their food has been quite good ( we lived in the town and now nearby for decade). Bread is excellent. So are desserts. Used to have an incredible vegetarian lasagna I hope they bring back.

1  Thank Dukecurran
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Friends recommended Spoleto's last year and after our first visit, we return whenever we venture over to Northampton. Menu is seasonal and has slight, welcoming changes. On last visit, tried the oven chicken. Very moist, tender and well seasoned. Other dish ordered was chicken parma. Slightly disappointed with pasta. It was pre-cooked and warmed for serving. Not impressed. Side veggies were good with chicken parma. Try their meatballs (when available). Other than the pasta, we were satisfied.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Seafood soup can be muddy or heavy or even flat. This was light, fragrant, not weighted down with tomatoes. The seafood was very fresh. Overall--great. Also try the capponata plate. Their specialty drink that night was the barrel aged Manhattan---I couldn't resist. Without a doubt, the best Manhattan I have ever had!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We went to Spoleto for restaurant week in Northampton. It was a beautiful night so we ate outside. Sadly,that was the highlight of our dinner. Our waitress acted like it was an imposition to serve us. We ordered from the restaurant week menu which our waitress grudgingly gave us. Our appetizers were decent. The main course was interesting. My filet arrived and had been sitting around for a while. The cognac sauce was baked on to the dish and my fries were cold. My husband's dish was mediocre. Our waitress disappeared after dropping the food off. She didn't return to see if our entrees were satisfactory. The strawberry shortcakes were lackluster. The cake was like a brick. Our waitress finally surfaced and asked us how the dessert was. She interjected that it was the best strawberry shortcake she had ever had. Not so much. I am normally a 25% tipper, but not that night. I think our waitress avoided us because she knew that my dish was not table worthy. Spoleto is living off it's reputation. The reality sadly falls short.

1  Thank xatobunny