“Always great”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Food, atmosphere and service always notably above average. Varied menu to suit all tastes.Very popular so plan in advance.

Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner at the Eastside Grill in Northampton, MA last night. Promptly seated, great waitress. Drinks came quickly. We ordered pan blackened scallops for an app, blackened swordfish and baked haddock for dinner. As always everything is fresh, hot and tasty.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I would give Eastside 3.5 stars but rounded up. The menu is diverse so there is always something on the menu for everyone. I really like their options and the price is reasonable for Northampton. Seafood is always fresh and well prepared. I normally start with fried oysters and did this time as well. I had a fish of the day and it was very good. I do like their sides and salads. I recommend the gorgonzola vinaigrette. It is a loud restaurant. I do like that they now take reservation except for Saturday night (I won't go on a Saturday as the wait can be too long).

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Second visit to this restaurant. Stayed in Hadley and needed a nice place to get dinner. We went here last visit and decided it was so good the first time, we may as well go back. Not disspapointed. Got the squash filled ravioli. Delicious. Other meals included burger, seafood with rissotto and steak tips. Wife steak tips a little overdone but still good. Great bread and also a good beer selection. Excellent service. Will go back again.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Eastside has been a favorite of ours for many years. These past two visits in as many months have been disappointing. The first visit was for a group of 10; reservations were made 3 weeks ahead of time and my sister-in-law confirmed our reservation the day of our visit. Upon our arrival, however, we were told they didn't have the reservation and it took a while before they "found" it. At that point it took about 45 minutes before we were seated. Our server was distracted and midway through taking our order, left our table to attend another table. Service was slow and inconsistent. We noticed other tables receiving their orders before ours. When our order finally arrived, the food was nothing to rave about.

The second visit was last night (Saturday) the one night Eastside does not take reservations. Upon checking in we were told the wait was 30-45 minutes. This appears to be SOP as the other dozen or so parties arriving after us were told the same thing. It became apparent that regardless of the time a party checked in, parties of 2 and 4 were given priority(we were 3). We were seated an hour and 15 minutes later, I think only because we were getting agitated and vocal about how the seating was being managed. I will give credit to the young woman who was assisting the hostess who was apologetic for the wait. The hostess taking the reservations was a different story and could only say, "this is not an exact science, people!".

I also give credit to our server who was able to get us through quickly because at this point we were late for a prior engagement. Eastside would benefit by being honest about the expected wait time with patrons risking turning them away as opposed to making them aggravated by an under inflated wait time. I wish I could say the food was worth the wait but I can't even go that far. It will be be a long time before we will consider going back to Eastside or provide a recommendation.

I give this restaraunt an "average" rating because the food and service is pretty much hit or miss.