“Go for the crowd not the food or the service.”
Review of Hinge - CLOSED

Hinge
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
USA, MA
“Go for the crowd not the food or the service.”
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

The food had to be pre frozen. It was mediocre at best and not bad but just not great. Could do better at home. Atmosphere is hip and trendy, crowded and loud. Not sure it's a place I'd go back to eat. A drink yes but I'll eat somewhere else.

West Springfield, Massachusetts
“New menu tastes great”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Most of the time when I am in town I stop in for a beer because they have a great selection and I also noticed they now have sparkling cocktails and saketinis (cool martini style drinks made with sake) and they also have a local ginger beer on tap that is to die for called ginger libation. I met some friends there for drinks and our server brought us over menus and said we have a new menu and a new chef and that the food was tasty so we all looked over the menu and decided to try a few different things (which I am glad that we did!) Hinge has a good balance of menu options. The new menu offers bites (great for snacking), sandwiches/burgers, plates (I guess for lighter fare), entrees and sides.We tried the fish tacos, potato skins, mussels and two pizzettas (thin style pizzas) one with bacon potato scallions and cheese and the other with tomato sauce basil and cheese. Everything was indeed tasty.

• Visited December 2012
Amherst, Massachusetts
“Looks nice, tastes not so great.”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I was so excited to see they had a house made veggie burger that my even sister with some food allergies could eat. It came out very late, the appetizers had been eaten and cleared away, we were halfway through our second beer when it finally showed up. It was tasteless, very dry, not hot, and fell apart when picked up. The atmosphere itself is great, beautiful colors and romantic lighting isn't enough to combat the crappy attempt at gourmet bar cuisine. Beer and wine selection is alright, I would only go back if someone else really wanted to...but would stick with a drink and maybe a small appetizer - the beer crackers would be more adequately described as a light personal size pizza but is tasty or the tuna wonton appetizer - all of which they may not necessarily have on any given night. I can say that the wait staff is very friendly albeit apologetic for the kitchen's lack of speed but they should all do themselves a favor and go look for a job somewhere else. This place is not strong enough to establish a solid presence on Northampton's main strip of businesses, I doubt it will be around much longer.

• Visited May 2012
Northampton, Massachusetts
“unavailable items on menu, long wait for food”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

when you come to try a new restaurant and the waitress tells you about 6 courses listed are not available! I think the restaurant should close :) Also, the wait for our courses was long. Finally once I got my mustard-crust chicken and mashed potatoes course, it was good. However, my friend ordered the cold tomato soup which I do not recommend. the vegie samosa was ok too. the potato stuffing was on the bland side. the ambience was ok. It took some time for the waitress to pay attention to us even when it was asking for the check. I had to ask the hostess to call them! Once we left the table to leave (we were sitting next to the window), the hostess ignored us completely even we passed just in front of his eyes. Only when I looked at him and said thank you, he responded. Not friendly and inviting for repeat customer. Need some training there.

• Visited August 2012
Hadley, MA
“Very good jambalaya”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Nice job in designing the place. , service was excellent, food was very good. Several floors. I would try eating on a different floor. The noise level is intense

Visited July 2012