“Hair in the shower”
Review of Autumn Inn

Autumn Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Northampton B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I took a bath in the tub and left for the day. When I returned the room was cleaned but not the tub. I mentioned it to the night clerk before going out for the evening. The next morning the tub still wasn't clean so I took a shower. I wore a shower cap so was pretty bummed out when I noticed long hair on the tiles and shower curtain near eye level. It wasn't my hair. I also noticed short hairs from shaving on the tiles. Yuck.
I told the clerk when I checked out and got an anemic "sorry."

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
TJaeger, Front Office Manager at Autumn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Autumn Inn. This was brought to my attention earlier this week and I am truly sorry that this situation wasn't reconciled for you immediately. I have spoken with my staff members to make sure this doesn't happen again. We did try to contact you as well to apologize again and notify you of the discount we gave you but we did not have a phone number on file. Please feel free to contact us at 413-584-7660 and ask for Tonia.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Having read all the reviews for Northampton lodging, you quickly realize there is very little choice! I read everything carefully and decided on the Autumn Inn. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. It may be a little dated, but it was incredibly comfortable. The room upstairs was large and incredibly clean (one of the cleanest bathrooms I have come across) and the beds were comfortable. The fireplace is lovely and I thought it worked very well for an overnight stay.

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms seem a little nicer than the motel-style rooms
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2013

You are paying for the location. As long as you know that and don't have high expectations, you'll be fine. It is very close to Smith College. I got a deal on Hotwire or Priceline, which at least helped to offset the costs a bit.

Everything here was so ridiculously out of date (furniture, decor, etc.) but not in a quaint way. I could hear every single step someone took above me. Also there was unreliable bluestreak wifi in the room. At least it was clean and had inexpensive vending machines. It was a tolerable night's sleep, but that's about it.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 29, 2012

The lobby with its fireplace is cozy, the rest of the property rather like a small hotel. But clean and friendly, surrounded by high trees. Almost can't hear the street located on the side. Good choice for a quick overnight stay. Northhampton itself is fun, it has a lot to offer for a village that size!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank max_weber1984
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I wanted to like this hotel since it was the most affordable in the five college area. There is an odor to the room and front lobby that is overwhelming, changing rooms did not help. The front desk staff was very helpful in allowing the switch. The walls are paper thin, a huge gap in the door allowing light and air in.

One other tip -- there is a $1.50 security charge automatically added to the bill for use of the safe in the room. You have to request to have it taken off AT check-out. While $1.50 is not much money, I do not trust any business that hides fees, do the math on how much this could come to a year for the business..

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank MQS
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This very pleasant hotel is a short drive up the road from the bustling center of Northampton. And so therefore it was a lovely, quiet haven. Our room with 2 full-size beds was very comfortable; lovely to have down pillows, and a nice firm mattress. The place had every amenity we could have wanted. Breakfast was very pleasant - not extraordinary or memorable, but a lot of choices and the fun option of making your own waffle at a special waffle table set-up. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful, giving us good restaurant recommendations for dinner. Parking was plentiful. A lovely outdoor swimming pool beckoned, but I think the season was over because the gate was locked. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank solotraveler51
Reviewed September 26, 2012

While not fancy or completely up-to-date, our stay at the Autumn Inn was comfortable and pleasant. Front desk staff were courteous and helpful, the beds were super comfortable and supplies were adequate. I would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: We had an upstairs room. The downstairs rooms were more motel style in that you could park directly...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Wdyte
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northampton
Hotel Northampton
D. Hotel & Suites
D. Hotel & Suites
#2 of 5 in Holyoke
Courtyard Hadley Amherst

Been to Autumn Inn? Share your experiences!