“I doubt there is better Ice Cream anywhere in the world”

Herrell's Ice Cream & Bakery
Ranked #1 of 8 Dessert in Northampton
Cuisines: American
Description: Award Winning Kosher Ice Cream Shop and Bakery, specializing in dairy, sugar free and No-Moo(R) dairy free baked goods (Vegan and Gluten Free), frozen desserts and hot fudge sauces. No-Moo Cookies, Pies, Bars and Cakes, Ice Cream Cakes, Gourmet Dairy Ice Creams available in house, online and wholesale. 370+ flavors of frozen desserts and still counting! Their Hot Fudge is made in-house and is also available Online and in some Specialty Food Stores nation wide. Herrell's baked goods are as good as their ice cream. Home of the Smoosh-in(R) and a founder who is the originator of gourmet ice cream. Family owned for nearly 40 years.
Reviewed September 18, 2011

My daughter and I make it a point to have ice cream at Herrell's whenever we visit Northampton, Mass. Yesterday we visited Northamtpon after the BigE so my daughter could visit Faces- one of her fav clothing stores. After that it was Paul and Elizabeth's for a great vegetarian lunch- then to crown the day....Herrell's Ice Cream- which is fit for a king! They have at least 30 flavors- but mine are Malted Vanilla (If you are lucky sometimes they have Triple Malted Vanilla or Chocolate Malted too!!) and chocolate pudding, Once again Herrell's comes shining through! Malted vanilla is like drinking a thick vanilla malt!! Yummm!! Chocolate Pudding is exactly what they say it is- rich, thick, and just like chocolate pudding. The only slight downer is the portion size- very small. For the prices- they could easily give more- but the plus is that the ice cream is supremely rich- so you do not need a lot. Easily the best Ice Cream I have ever had anywhere.

Reviewed August 21, 2011

I thought I died and went to heaven! If you are a chocolate ice cream lover get the small dish for 2.99 - it is all you need and you'll know exactly what I mean! We loved it!

Reviewed June 5, 2011

In the warm weather it's crowded and the lines are long, but it's some of the best ice cream I've had anywhere and I have ice cream everywhere I travel. Worth the wait. The hot fudge is the best ever--rich, not too sweet, made with sugar not corn syrup--indescribably fudgy. They use real whipped cream on their sundaes, too. Ice cream flavors are varied and change all the time. I love the mudpie, but struggle to choose flavors--there are so many options. It's not inexpensive, but about par with similar places and the ice cream is so rich. They have mix-ins (Steve Herrell is the original mix-in guy), so you can tailor your ice cream any way you'd like.

Reviewed February 28, 2011

I was very taken aback to find the available flavors of ice cream so limited as to the 200 something listing of flavors advertized on line.

Also, when asking to have a taste of the ice cream to check out the flavor, I found this restaurant to be quite stingy as they disgustingly handed me this little teensy DAB of the sample. It was hardly enough or it REALLY WAS NOT ENOUGH to judge the flavor.
They need to give a half a teaspoon to be fair. But why should they care. They've got every yuppie in Town lined up for a purchase. I think I'll give my future business to Cook's in Hadley and I'm going to tell all my friends to do the same.

Reviewed February 12, 2011

Excellent hot fudge sauce, and other smoosh-ins. Creative flavors. Long wait times, especially in summer. Very few tables. Expect to take your ice cream to go.