“Crooks”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet
“Crooks”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

They are crooks. I left them a tip on the table (cash) and put zero on the receipt, but someone changed it to ten dollars and made me over draft my account. When I contacted them they said that they are professional. Did not do anything about it but tell me I put the ten on receipt.

• Visited November 2013
4 Thank volkadav2000

Amherst, Massachusetts, United States
“Not the best, but okay for a buffet”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I've been to Sakura twice, and I'm not sure I'll go again. The best way to describe the food is mediocre. It's not all that flavorful and is fairly greasy. Although I'm sure the buffet is better during times when it's being brought out fresh, I always seem to miss that time. The price and variety is good which is why I returned, despite being a little wary of the sushi. They do, however, make exceptionally strong scorpion bowls.

• Visited August 2013
Northampton, Massachusetts
“Pass on the Chinese!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Sakura is one of my least favorite restaurants in the Valley, and if it were not for the kids liking the variety, I would never eat there. If you like sushi, but are low on cash, this is the place to go.The sushi is made fresh all day, but I wuld caution you to eat the hot buffet at off hours. All you can eat!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank MiniShepard
Massachusetts
“Updated review -- still okay but not as good as earlier visits”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Sakura is still a decent place to eat and very family friendly (my kids love it!) but the food in my families recent visits has become decidely more mediocre. The entres with meat mainly have chicken and the sushi often has fake crab and/or vegetables and is pretty skimpy on good fish.

In addition, Sakura has a new owner and recently raised the prices for dining weekends and evenings. They also now charge for tea which used to be free. The pricing for kids is based on age and is still reasonable and a decent meal there even for dinner is comparable to the prices at many chain restaurants. I just don't think we'll be going there as often as we used it. I wish there was a better asian food buffet restaurant in the area.

Visited January 2013
Northampton Mass.
“For People with BIG Appetites & Strong Stomachs”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I have been here a couple of times. That is until I spent a night hugging the bowl after eating mussels here. If you watch closely, they just keep adding to all the old food in the steam trays. From lunch to dinner they just keep adding to the trays. Hot on top of cold with a little stirring. It's disgusting. Chicken fingers are heavy and cold usually. But in all fairness it is cheap at only $9.99 per person. So if your looking to take your girl out on a real cheap date and she's a real chow hound that can eat 3 or 4 plates of food, then your in luck. this is the place to go.

• Visited November 2012