“Nice Place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in North Truro
rhode island
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2009

Stayed for 3 days,everything there was good,not spectacular.Couple of things to beware,one,after a summers worth of use,mattress was getting a little "lived in".Not unclean,but not really comfortable.Also,the silverware, cleaning from the previous guests are done on the honor system,so ensure you check it and clean if necessary before use.Location was great,surf was great.Price was good,and the amenities(pool,sauna,hot tub,resturaunt onsite) put it a step above the other places we have stayed in P-Town.Solid four stars.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nitroae23

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
MAssachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2009

My husband and I were looking for a place for 2 nights overlooking ocean and the Top Mast Resort was the answer. We had a second floor efficiency with a deck that was right over the beach. During the day we relaxed in the sun on the deck and at night we enjoyed watching the sunset and looking at the lights from Provincetown.
The staff was friendly. The room was clean. The place was quiet. We had a fridge, microwave, coffee pot , dishes/pots and pans , TV , couch.The bathroom had a tub/shower with pleny of hot water and good water pressure.The queen size bed was comfortable.
The new indoor pool area with a hot tub, exercise room and sauna was beautiful.
A shuttle bus service to Provinetown was available for $2.00 a person one way.
The motel is close to Wellsfleet and Provincetown for shopping and dining.
We will return and stay longer on our next trip.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CATMAssachusetts
Fayetteville, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2009

This motel is located on it's own beautiful beach on the inner bay side of North Truro, MA just a couple miles from Provincetown. The Silva family, and I stress family, not corporation, run this like they are host a big family get together. They make you feel like this is your second home and treat you like long time friends. The rooms are very clean and well cared for. The onsite indoor pool, hot tub, sauna, excercise room is amazing. The weather our week there was amazing so we didn't use that facility too much but it would be a life saver if we had bad weather.
If you stay there once you'll want to return again and again. I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank mdag58
Sandy hook, ct
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2009

We have stayed in multiple locations from eastham northward over
the past six years on our annual cape cod vacations. The flawlessly maintained rooms, great bfast resturaunt, beautiful indoor and outdoor pools are just a few of the amenities of this great place. The staff are friendly and TRULY INTERESTED in your comfort during your stay. Excellence is not an abstract concept here... It is revealed in all of the many details that is the difference between a restful stay and a a mediocre or downright bad experience.
The buck travels far and hapilly here. Thanks everyone here who makes this place so wonderful (Jason Abby Al Nancy Adriene)

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CtCapers
NY, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2009

My husband and I stayed in the N. Truro Beach point area for 2.5 weeks. Because most cottage rentals are weekly, we chose TopMast for our first one night stay, checking in on Fri. 7/3/09. We had booked a poolside room to keep the costs down and when we checked in we were told we could upgrade to a lower beach front room for only $20 more. What an upgrade it was. The room was large with 2 double beds, kitchenette area was clean, fully equipped with a full sized fridge. The bath room was large, clean and had plenty of clean towels.
My sister and bro-in-law decided to stay with us and we were all comfortable.

When I say beach front, I mean lterally you are on the beach several feet from the bay, with your own picnic table, patio and chairs. We were able to get onto the beach, take a swim or a walk along the shore. Absolutely beautiful!

My favorite spot was the indoor pool/ recreation area. Having been built in 2008, it was modern, spotlessly clean & maintained and had a beautilful pebble-stone floor with beach glass accents. The pool is salt water and the hot tub was a good size with sliding windows that could open for a nice bay breeze if it became a little warm inside.

There's an outside deck for sun bathing and a fire pit with comfy lounge furniture for "hanging out". Unfortunately the fire pit wasn't completely installed- we would have loved to sit around it at night.

Lastly, the Silvas were an absolute delight from the moment we checked in to when we checked out. What a difference from staying in cottages where no one greets you or says good bye when you leave. I need to get back to N. Truro this weekend to settle some business and I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will get a room again for one night- just so I can swim in their wonderful pool.

I hope to be back again next year to stay for a week or two. This is a great place- very few motels can compare- most are old and feel and smell old. Not TopMast- trust me you will not be disappointed one bit.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank NY-CCgirl
Bronx, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2009

From the moment I was "greeted" at the check-in desk until the second I checked out I was way more than pleased with every aspect of the Top Mast. It's Tops alright!!!

The location for starters is unreal. When they say Waterfront they really mean it. I had a second floor efficiency unit which has a nice sized deck & chairs. The first thing I did was go straight out there & at high tide the sparkling clean bay was no more than 20 feet away--the closest I've seen anywhere I've stayed. The view is spectacular. To watch the sunset fade into night as the twinkling lights of Provincetown come to life is something phychiatrists should prescribe. It truly makes you feel alive.

The 1 room efficiency was very charming & had everything from CLEAN glasses, pots, pans down to a corkscrew , a 30 day supply of coffee filters, & a "still wrapped" brand new sponge & dishwashing liquid. I don't even have all this at home! The room also had a brand new Queen sized bed & sleeper sofa--between the bed & the sound of the waves I was in Heaven. The bathroom was plenty big, super clean, & was supplied with lots of fresh clean towels & washcloths. The maids do a fantastic job here. They also have great water pressure & better yet the drains work as they were designed to. I can't tell you how many showers I've had to WADE out of--Yuck!

The indoor pool with hottub, sauna, exercise equipment room, showers, and huge deck with a fire-ring and comfy chairs was the nicest I've seen anywhere. Every detail from the beautiful lights over the desk/bar to the great fluffy towels was apparently well thought out. Donald Trump would appreciate these amenities.

Lastly I must let you know that the staff is great. Very efficient, helpful & polite. The owners, the Silva's, are all that plus some of the most likeable people I've ever met in my life. They really do aim to please & it shows in the number of people who return year after year. All in all I was totally blown away & yes, I WILL RETURN....

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BronxGirl1
Hampton,ct
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Top Mast for the first time, It was also our first visit to North Truro. We were very impressed, Great friendly staff, Clean, nice inside activity center with a pool,hot tub,sauna,spa,changing rooms and a huge outside patio with chairs through out. They do serve snacks and drinks out there.

The rooms have everything you need, Frig,cooktop,sinks, every cooking untensil right down to a coffe pot, which I recommend bringing coffee, theres not much opes till 7 am. The room has a slider going out to a deck, Great for any part of your day.

The beaches are nice, The sand isnt real soft, more on the coarse side due to the tide going in and out. Still very nice! Light waves can be heard all day and night .

The Top Mast serves Breakfast daily but offers no lunch or dinner except on Fridays, This is the only "con" I could come up with, A resort is a place you shoud'nt have to leave to get lunch or dinner, With that said though, The staff will be very helpful suggesting places to eat.

A great value, oceanfront place to stay,we will be back!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
#4 of 14 in Provincetown
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Wequassett Resort and Golf Club

Been to Top Mast Resort? Share your experiences!