“Nothing compares to this heavenly place”
Review of Top Mast Resort

Top Mast Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in North Truro
Sandy hook, ct
“Nothing compares to this heavenly place”
Reviewed August 6, 2009

We have stayed in multiple locations from eastham northward over
the past six years on our annual cape cod vacations. The flawlessly maintained rooms, great bfast resturaunt, beautiful indoor and outdoor pools are just a few of the amenities of this great place. The staff are friendly and TRULY INTERESTED in your comfort during your stay. Excellence is not an abstract concept here... It is revealed in all of the many details that is the difference between a restful stay and a a mediocre or downright bad experience.
The buck travels far and hapilly here. Thanks everyone here who makes this place so wonderful (Jason Abby Al Nancy Adriene)

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CtCapers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
NY, NY
Reviewed July 23, 2009

My husband and I stayed in the N. Truro Beach point area for 2.5 weeks. Because most cottage rentals are weekly, we chose TopMast for our first one night stay, checking in on Fri. 7/3/09. We had booked a poolside room to keep the costs down and when we checked in we were told we could upgrade to a lower beach front room for only $20 more. What an upgrade it was. The room was large with 2 double beds, kitchenette area was clean, fully equipped with a full sized fridge. The bath room was large, clean and had plenty of clean towels.
My sister and bro-in-law decided to stay with us and we were all comfortable.

When I say beach front, I mean lterally you are on the beach several feet from the bay, with your own picnic table, patio and chairs. We were able to get onto the beach, take a swim or a walk along the shore. Absolutely beautiful!

My favorite spot was the indoor pool/ recreation area. Having been built in 2008, it was modern, spotlessly clean & maintained and had a beautilful pebble-stone floor with beach glass accents. The pool is salt water and the hot tub was a good size with sliding windows that could open for a nice bay breeze if it became a little warm inside.

There's an outside deck for sun bathing and a fire pit with comfy lounge furniture for "hanging out". Unfortunately the fire pit wasn't completely installed- we would have loved to sit around it at night.

Lastly, the Silvas were an absolute delight from the moment we checked in to when we checked out. What a difference from staying in cottages where no one greets you or says good bye when you leave. I need to get back to N. Truro this weekend to settle some business and I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will get a room again for one night- just so I can swim in their wonderful pool.

I hope to be back again next year to stay for a week or two. This is a great place- very few motels can compare- most are old and feel and smell old. Not TopMast- trust me you will not be disappointed one bit.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank NY-CCgirl
Bronx, NY
Reviewed July 4, 2009

From the moment I was "greeted" at the check-in desk until the second I checked out I was way more than pleased with every aspect of the Top Mast. It's Tops alright!!!

The location for starters is unreal. When they say Waterfront they really mean it. I had a second floor efficiency unit which has a nice sized deck & chairs. The first thing I did was go straight out there & at high tide the sparkling clean bay was no more than 20 feet away--the closest I've seen anywhere I've stayed. The view is spectacular. To watch the sunset fade into night as the twinkling lights of Provincetown come to life is something phychiatrists should prescribe. It truly makes you feel alive.

The 1 room efficiency was very charming & had everything from CLEAN glasses, pots, pans down to a corkscrew , a 30 day supply of coffee filters, & a "still wrapped" brand new sponge & dishwashing liquid. I don't even have all this at home! The room also had a brand new Queen sized bed & sleeper sofa--between the bed & the sound of the waves I was in Heaven. The bathroom was plenty big, super clean, & was supplied with lots of fresh clean towels & washcloths. The maids do a fantastic job here. They also have great water pressure & better yet the drains work as they were designed to. I can't tell you how many showers I've had to WADE out of--Yuck!

The indoor pool with hottub, sauna, exercise equipment room, showers, and huge deck with a fire-ring and comfy chairs was the nicest I've seen anywhere. Every detail from the beautiful lights over the desk/bar to the great fluffy towels was apparently well thought out. Donald Trump would appreciate these amenities.

Lastly I must let you know that the staff is great. Very efficient, helpful & polite. The owners, the Silva's, are all that plus some of the most likeable people I've ever met in my life. They really do aim to please & it shows in the number of people who return year after year. All in all I was totally blown away & yes, I WILL RETURN....

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BronxGirl1
Hampton,ct
Reviewed July 2, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Top Mast for the first time, It was also our first visit to North Truro. We were very impressed, Great friendly staff, Clean, nice inside activity center with a pool,hot tub,sauna,spa,changing rooms and a huge outside patio with chairs through out. They do serve snacks and drinks out there.

The rooms have everything you need, Frig,cooktop,sinks, every cooking untensil right down to a coffe pot, which I recommend bringing coffee, theres not much opes till 7 am. The room has a slider going out to a deck, Great for any part of your day.

The beaches are nice, The sand isnt real soft, more on the coarse side due to the tide going in and out. Still very nice! Light waves can be heard all day and night .

The Top Mast serves Breakfast daily but offers no lunch or dinner except on Fridays, This is the only "con" I could come up with, A resort is a place you shoud'nt have to leave to get lunch or dinner, With that said though, The staff will be very helpful suggesting places to eat.

A great value, oceanfront place to stay,we will be back!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank saylesernest
Connecticut
Reviewed June 30, 2009

This was our ninth annual pilgrimage to the Cape and we like to stay somewhere new each time. I don't think we will ever go anywhere else now! Every year I go with my best friend for a long weekend as a little getaway to relax. The room wasn't anything spectacular but it was clean and the staff were so friendly and helpful. Right on a beautiful quite beach. The new building was AMAZING! The slat water pool and hot tub. I liked the kiddie pool decorated with sea creature tiles and surrounded by plush furniture for mom and dad. The fitness room was small but everything was new and there is a flat screen tv. The sauna was very relaxing and it's nice that they offer towels and pool noodles. There are tables and lounge chairs and a huge outdoor deck to sun or sit around the fire pit at night. The walkways are lined with well tended gardens and koi ponds. You will not find a better deal on all of Cape Cod. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hatchi
Bronx,NY
Reviewed June 5, 2009

I could go on & on over this great place but since I'm sure you'll want to call to experience it yourself I'll curb my enthusiasm. Mind you, half the people I spoke with that were staying here have been coming here every year for over 20 years so making reservations ASAP is pretty crucial. Once you've stayed you get first shots for the following season as well as the listings of all the special stay rates which are really, really great deals.
The check-in process took all of two minutes & within three we were through our spotless 1 room efficiency with a brand new queen bed & sleeper sofa and out on our beautiful deck soaking up the sun & sounds of the bay. The beach itself is kept extremely clean & they even rake up the seaweed so when you come out of the water you don't scare all the children because they think you're the Swamp Thing. Most places up there don't do that. The bathroom was a real nice size & stocked with plenty of soap, wash cloths, & nice big fluffy (Cape Cod fresh) towels. The kitchen is more than adequate especially when you have a restaurant across the street for breakfast & P'town is 5 minutes down the road & has restaurants that rival any "anywhere" I've traveled.
The indoor pool/hot tub/sauna/gym/fitness/pina colada on the deck area is just something you have to see--they did a magnificent job on it. If you're there with the kids & it rains you'll be counting your blessings.
The staff is extremely efficient as well as very friendly--always a smile & a hello.
The Silva's are about the most down to earth,hard working, & friendly people you'll likely ever meet. It's a super tight loving family & it shows in their establishment.
My only regret (other than having to leave) is that the ratings only go up to 5 stars--it truly deserves more.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bronx_NYJim_L
Keene
Reviewed May 27, 2009

My family loves the Top Mast Resort. This will be the 3rd summer in a row we'll be going there. The rooms are right on the ocean. It's hard to get a bottom floor room, so book early. The staff is so nice and helpful. They have a nice restaurant located at the resort. Breakfast there is really good. The room decor is average, but who wants to stay in the room all the time when you're right on the ocean? Can't wait to go back again this year!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
#5 of 11 in North Truro
East Harbour
East Harbour
#10 of 11 in North Truro

Been to Top Mast Resort? Share your experiences!