Unfortunately due to booking late in the season, we were only able to get a room on the poolside. I was told by the staff, along with information on the website, that these rooms were just fine, quite nice.
We got a room on the second floor, close to the pool. One bed is in the front of the room next to the large window and the other is on the back wall. The only way to get a breeze is to open the windows and the curtain but we couldn't leave the curtain open because everyone walking by sees directly into room right at the bed. The windows in the back were directly over the exhaust fan for the Top Mast Cafe and they came on at 6:30 am. The beds has rubber mattress covers on them so between the lack of a good breeze, sheets making noises everytime I moved and the exhaust fan coming on at 6:30 am I was a bit disappointed.
The room was clean and tidy but the noise from the kitchen and the lack of air movement was a drawback. Also, the refridgerator had to be turned up all the way to get anything cold.
I cannot speak about the waterfront rooms but heard they were nice.
The outdoor pool had high contents of iron so it looked green. It is also outdated but there is a sign posted saying it will be rebuilt next year. The indoor pool/spa was very nice, very new and quite impressive.
The beach was nice but slightly eroded. Also some seaweed but none of this deterred anyone from swimming.
Provincetown is very close and the shuttle is quite convienent. The National Seashore beaches are beautiful and worth going to.
All in all, we got used to the room and slept ok the last night. I wouldn't rent again on the poolside though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Top Mast Resort is nestled on 750 feet of private, groomed beach overlooking Cape Cod Bay and located only minutes from nearby towns of Provincetown and Wellfleet. Accommodations include; garden view units, beachfront units with or without kitchens, cottages and a new 3 bedroom beach house. Enjoy our indoor health complex complete with a large, heated pool, hot tub, steam room, sauna, weight room, kiddie pool and slide, kid smoothies, frozen drinks, beer, wine, snacks, soda and an outdoor sun deck area with an evening fire pit and outdoor tennis/basketball court area. Also located on site is our cafe which serves breakfast every day and dinner on Fridays, with seasonal outdoor patio dining by our large koi fish pond and water feature. Free WI-FI in various locations through out the property. Shuttle services to Provincetown. Family owned and operated for over 42 years! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Top Mast Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Top Mast Hotel North Truro
- Top Mast North Truro
- Top Mast Resort North Truro, MA, North America