Our stay was for four nights in a beachfront efficiency room on the second level of building two. I had not stayed on the Cape since I was a kid so we wanted to check the place out with a short stay. Myself, my husband and our two year old stayed in our room and another couple that came with us and their two year old stayed in the room next door (we booked early & together so we could be next to each other). It was perfect for the kids, they were able to go out on the deck and the railings were high enough that we had no worries with them coming in and out. If they were older we would have wanted to be downstairs, but, this year upstairs was perfect. I had a few issues when I went to make breakfast for the first time, the toaster had obviously had a fire in it previously and did not work and the can opener was so bent it did not work. I talked to the housekeeping staff and had new items when I returned form the beach. The bathroom is small and the shower is small which made it a challenge for giving the little ones a shower, but, we managed.
I was nervous when I noticed a few days before we traveled that there was no air conditioning, especially because I am always hot. We brought an extra fan with us, left the sliders open, and the room was not bad at night for sleeping...plus you got to listen to the surf. The beach was perfect for families, especially with little kids. The water is fairly calm because you are on the bay side, and a little warmer. The beach was small which makes it easy to have your chairs set up and the kids play in sand, but, still be close to the water. And as it is said in other reviews, this is a family resort.
I do have one suggestion to make to management....maybe the availability of a hose or outdoor shower for people to rinse the sand off before you go up to your room, might help for housekeeping also.
Overall, the trip was great and we are thinking about returning next year for a week...would love to see some pictures of the new house that they built! That might be a good option for us for next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Top Mast Resort is nestled on 750 feet of private, groomed beach overlooking Cape Cod Bay and located only minutes from nearby towns of Provincetown and Wellfleet. Accommodations include; garden view units, beachfront units with or without kitchens, 2 bedroom cottages, a 3 bedroom beach house, and a trio of 4 bedroom shore houses. Enjoy our indoor health complex complete with a large, heated pool, hot tub, steam room, sauna, weight room, kiddie pool and slide, kid smoothies, frozen drinks, beer, wine, snacks, soda and an outdoor sun deck area with an evening fire pit. outdoor tennis/basketball court area and ping pong and corn hole on the lawn. Also located on site is our cafe which serves breakfast every day and dinner on Fridays, with seasonal outdoor patio dining by our large koi fish pond and water feature. Free WI-FI in every room and in various locations through out the property. Shuttle services to Provincetown. Family owned and operated for over 45 years! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Top Mast Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Top Mast Hotel North Truro
- Top Mast North Truro
- Top Mast Resort North Truro, MA, North America