We booked a room at Horizons to be closer to family members who were staying in a rented house. Horizons is a great, laid back hotel/motel with a really nice view of the bay. This is the kind of hotel/motel you come to for a relaxing non-pretentious vacation. We had a room on the 1st floor (next time I would request 2nd fl) (also all rooms face the beach) and when we were sitting on our little private deck, everyone who walked by was super friendly and engaged in conversation. Having the beach right outside your door makes for a great get-a-way.
No matter how you slice it, there's nothing like waking up and looking out your window to the view of the water. We also slept with the windows open, listening to the waves breaking all night long - a very soothing sound.
The only reason I didn't give Horizons a 5 star is due to the decor which probably could be updated a bit and the towels (as other reviewers have noted). That being said, the manager was great and I would definitely come back.
Helpful hint - bring your beach/bath towels and toiletries.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Horizons Beach Resort offers enjoyment and tranquility for your Cape Cod vacation. All accommodations feature kitchens, air conditioning and cable televisions. Select from units with sliders opening to sun decks overlooking Cape Cod Bay, or corner rooms with picture windows and spectacular water views. Relax on 500 feet of private beach or swim in the bayside outdoor pool. Rates for every budget! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Horizons Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horizons Beach Hotel North Truro
- Horizons Beach Resort North Truro, MA, North America