“Wouldn't stay again”

Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in North Truro
Richmond, Virginia
“Wouldn't stay again”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We booked this hotel from a website, so had no idea how it would really be. The property is in need of much work. There are weeds growing in the parking lot, and the appearance of the property on arrival was poor. We were not sure we should stay, but it was only for one night. The room did not smell good, and was shabby. The bathroom was in desrepair, the ceiling over the shower was peeling off, the toilet clogged, and the pipes groaned when the water ran. We were told that our room was beachfront, but it was more like beachside, it was quite a walk to the water. The room did not offer WiFi, and did not even have a clock. We feel that the website did not do the place justice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Michele E
victoriaprovincetown, Owner at Beachfront White Sands Resort Motel, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
I checked the room and it did not smell or was shabby in any way . This person came for one
night with 2 children and a dog and expected to stay at the Hilton. We are a family operated
motel and try our best to accommodate our guests as we did with Michel. Our pet friendly
rooms have a 2 night minimum stay and we bent the rules to allow them to stay for one night.
They did not register any problems while they were here and if the toilet clogged it was because
they used too much toilet paper. The pipes did not make any noise when I flushed the toilet.
There was a little paint peeling over the shower head due to the use of hot water , but we already
painted the bathroom since then. I hope that people reading this review will take into consideration
the length of this stay and give more credence to the reviews from the repeat customers and from
people who have come here for years and long stays.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Norton, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 19, 2012

2nd summer returning to Beachfront White Sands. We could see the beach from our nice, clean room . Friendly, attentive staff made our stay very confortable. Great location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2012

If you're looking for a place to stay in Truro, look no further, Beachfron White Sands is tha place to be.
Great location, awesome beach, and the hotel offers both indoor and outdoor pools. Bring the whole family over, its going to be guaranteed fun!!!

• Stayed June 2012
Prescott, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I am sure the owner will come back blaming me for my review as he has done with all the others, however I was taught that the customer is always right. I wish I would have seen these reviews before I booked this place. They ditto everything I wanted to say. The only addition other than the stink, no amenities, dirty room,1 trash can, no cable tv, curtains falling down, sliding door not working, air conditioner kicking in 1/2 the time: is that the owner is verbally abusive to his mother. he yelled at her when we arrived and I felt so bad for Marie, that should have been my clue to leave, however he already took my card. I spoke with other guest while there and they too were upset with the stay and I told them to write a review. This place should be shut down by the state or not allowed to sell rooms until they clean up to US standards. I will also contact the BBB to file formal complaint. The reason he yelled at his mom is becasue she gave our family an active millitary discount that was 10% off, are you kidding me we should have gotten the room for free!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank Jodi S
victoriaprovincetown, Owner at Beachfront White Sands Resort Motel, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
The comments made by Jody were not accurate or true. She was lashing out at the front desk
person and not the owner of the property. She wanted a military discount ,but she was not
in the military. She claimed her son-in-law was but did not offer proof of military badge.
I checket the room after they left and there were no curtains falling down as she claims, there
was one hook off the track .The room was excessively used, since there were 3 adults in
the room and 2 children,and they left it in a big mess. Jody complained about the price and
said that she stayed in New York city at a better place for less the money. I told her that in the
summer you can get a very good price in New York City. She can get a very good price on
Cape Cod in the Winter also. I told her that we are seasonal and our prices reflect the seasonal
nature of our bussiness. She did get the 10% military discount .

Travelers are raving about these North Truro hotels

Methuen, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 4, 2012

This is our 4th year returning to Beachfront White Sands. We have always enjoyed
our stay. We are renting two alcove rooms across from the pools. We enjoy both pools,
both indoor and outdoor. The indoor pool is especially nice if it happens to be a cold or
rainy day. It is a short distance to downtown Provincetown where all the action is.
I would recommend this hotel as an affordable and comfortable and convenient place to stay in the area.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Russell H
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Me and my family ( 12 of us ) spent a great weekend vacation at White Sand. The resort location was excellent, right on the beach, " private beach".
The rooms were spacious and it had the necessary amenities: microwave, coffee pot and a mini fridge. And the staff was very friendly and made us feel very confortable.
There is no better place to stay in Truro, only 5 minutes from P-Town.
We can't wait to go back, we loved so much!!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Isanabarb
Northborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 1, 2012

On the Thursday night before Father's Day we decided to see if we could find a nice motel near Provincetown for the weekend. I looked online and found the Beachfront White Sands had a room available and the price was excellent. Let me say that we have traveled to many places in the world and have stayed at many beautiful resorts. For the money, location, and cleanliness this is a great little find. It is not a five star resort but it has a nice indoor and outdoor pool, the beach is visible from your room (just a small walk) and it was extremely peaceful and quiet . Our room had a fridge, microwave and coffee pot. It is located right on the line between North Truro and Provincetown so it was extremely convenient. Will we go there again? Definitely!! The staff was very friendly and we plan on going back a couple times a year.

Room Tip: Our room was located on the first floor and was the closest to the beach. Sitting on the patio was v...