“Last minute trip to Cape turns into a Great Find!”

Beachfront White Sands Resort Motel
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in North Truro
Northborough, Massachusetts
“Last minute trip to Cape turns into a Great Find!”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

On the Thursday night before Father's Day we decided to see if we could find a nice motel near Provincetown for the weekend. I looked online and found the Beachfront White Sands had a room available and the price was excellent. Let me say that we have traveled to many places in the world and have stayed at many beautiful resorts. For the money, location, and cleanliness this is a great little find. It is not a five star resort but it has a nice indoor and outdoor pool, the beach is visible from your room (just a small walk) and it was extremely peaceful and quiet . Our room had a fridge, microwave and coffee pot. It is located right on the line between North Truro and Provincetown so it was extremely convenient. Will we go there again? Definitely!! The staff was very friendly and we plan on going back a couple times a year.

Room Tip: Our room was located on the first floor and was the closest to the beach. Sitting on the patio was v...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
New Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We stayed here for 5 days,and it was a mixed bag.The condition of the rooms alright,but needed work.The small details say alot,the baseboard trim was ragged and not matched up well,there was no phone,TV never worked right,even after manager played with it.No alarm clock!The shower/bathtub was not caulked properly,so that water ran out onto floor,making for a very dangerous situation upon exit,also sink in bathroom leaked slowly all the time.No soap in bathroom.The whole set up seemed very time worn,done on a shoe string budget.
On the plus side,the management did all they could to make us comfortable.Both pools were in good shape,beach was typical of CC.The quirky wireless set-up could use improvement,sitting near office area for access was annoying.We have stayed at the Cape over the yrs,this was not our best experience.We probably won't go back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank john m

Travelers are raving about these North Truro hotels

Reviewed June 25, 2012

First of all let me say that this is not a 5 star hotel, so if you're looking for luxury keep searching.
Me and my family just stayed at white sands this weekend and as first time goers we didn't know what to expect after reading some of the bad reviews. But we decided to visit the Cape at such short notice that we had no other choice but to go to White Sands since they were the only hotel with available rooms for 3 families. Seriously, we were all preparing for the worst but boy did we get surprised. Nice rooms, clean and spacious, I am a clean freak so I always carry my clorox with me just in case to desinfect the toilets. Kkkk( but that's just me)
A tip for u guys: our rooms were # 34, 36 and 38, all on the first floor, right on the sand. We loved so much that we are definitely coming back.
The staff is friendly and they'll do anything to please you. Great location, so close to provincetown, and when i say close i mean a 5 minute car ride. Indoor pool for the rainy days and a nice outdoor poll. Awesome!!! The beach is gorgeous
but as ALL the shore, no matter where you're staying, it has seaweeds. Who cares right? It's nature lol
Oh man, I can't wait to come back, I met a family that has been going there for eight years allready, no complaints... Ok, so just to finalize it: Nice rooms at a great location for such an affordable price, just get ready to book your rooms and the rest is history ;-)))

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Lynepinho
Charlton, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Me and my wife were at the cape and decided to spend the night we stayed at this place - dump . We got a room first of all the man working at the desk said they had rooms available and when I gave him my card to pay for the room he tells me that the card reader he has tells him ho much money a person has left in there account totally pissed me off he tells me this after he runs my card. He tells me that the tv in the room does not work and if we wanted to have a working tv it would cost more. The blinds covering the window were broken and any one walking by could see right into the room and the room next door was the same you could see right into the room not a safe feeling. There was a car sitting in the lot for over a half hour with there lights on shining in the room. to feel like we had some security I took the sheet off of the other bed and covered the window. My wife would not use the shower due to the bathroom being dirty and disgusting she cleaned the toilet cause it was gross oh and there was no trash can in the room. The only reason we stayed was the office was closed when i went to complain and I had already paid we checked in about 11:30 pm and left there about 6:30 am this is the worst place I have ever stayed and will make sure that anyone asking where a good place to stay at I will tell them to stay away this place.

Room Tip: with our experience with this place I don't think there is a good room here
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank David B
victoriaprovincetown, Owner at Beachfront White Sands Resort Motel, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
The person came in very late and only wanted a place to sleep at 11:30 at night. he was offered
a room with t.v at a higher price but declined. The only issue that got him upset was the fact
that the blind was not closed and he thought that it was broken. The blind has a handle on the
side that opens and closes the blind as people prefer it. The blind was brand new and definately
not broken. There was a trash bin in the room, but he did not see it.This is a review from a
person who wanted to crash for the night at a cheap price of $79 a night and it should be
regarded as such. If you don know how to close a blind for the night, do not blame the establish-
ment .
Swampscott, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 31, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed there over Memorial Day weekend 2012! We had a great time as always. We have come here for the past few years and plan on coming again. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. And the beautiful dog that hangs out is such a joy to see... very friendly and always excited to see new people.

The fact that we have access to and indoor and outdoor pool is great. The Jacuzzi is great too. We really enjoy the fact that we have access to it and it is always clean.

Everything we needed was always provided to us.

We can't wait to come again.... we are coming again this summer...

We will see you there!

Tracy Dunn and Natasha Ford :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tracy D
Plymouth
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We stayed at the beachfront white sands last year for memorial day weekend. The hotel is in a fantastic beachfront location only a mile or so outside of Provincetown. The rooms are basic but they are clean and have everything you need for your vacation. I had a slight problem with my room and the staff was extremely friendly and did everything they could to fix it-including offering me a different room. They truly went out of their way for me on what was a busy holiday weekend and I was pleased with the outcome. Last year was my first year booking a room at this hotel--I re-booked for this summer again last December so I would not lose my chance to stay there again-and my family has done the same. If you are looking for the Plaza, look elsewhere. if you are looking for a comfortable convenient room on the beach and near the sights this is the place for you. My family and I have been going to Provincetown for years and we have found our hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room on the second floor. The rooms on the first floor are fine but the second...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Point Pleasant, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed March 16, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at the Beachfront White Sands two years in a row now and plan to go back again. We go off season and for us it is the perfect place to stay. It is on the beach, although set back, and is a quick ride into P-town. The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly and it is safe. It is quiet at the time of year we go and we don't use the pools although they are open but I can imagine it in the summer and between the bay and private beach, pools and shuttle into P-town it would be great. If you have a pet you want to bring on vacation with you it is even better (we don't but enjoy the few that have been there.)

Not all the rooms have water views so book early and request one if that is important to you. It is on the water so you might find peeling wallpaper but multi-million dollar waterfront homes have peeling wallpaper, there is seaweed on the beach but the ocean makes seaweed (we live in a shore resort town and they have a disclaimer that they are not responsible for the seaweed on the beach.) You will need to bring some things with you: I would suggest beach towels and chairs, a cooler to keep ice in (which you can pick up at a local store,) plastic flatware, paper plates and toiletries. The rooms have small refrigerators, microwaves and coffee makers but the bathroom sink is where you will be washing things so throw away utensils are easiest. Another valuable travel tip I picked up from a friend is to bring a power strip, especially handy when you have multiple electronics to use or charge, we bring one now wherever we go.

Going to North Truro is like stepping back in time. At the Beachfront White Sands you can walk out onto the beach at night and see the lights of P-town, look across the street and see the high dunes of the National Seashore, get into P-town or the National Seashore without fighting hours of traffic, and chill out. The staff has always been wonderful to us and it has always been clean.

And don't go when we go, it is our secret :)

Janet P

Room Tip: Book early and request a second floor room with a water view.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Provincetown Inn Resort & Conference Center
Blue Sea Motor Inn
Blue Sea Motor Inn
#9 of 11 in North Truro

Been to Beachfront White Sands Resort Motel? Share your experiences!