“Just what we were looking for”
Review of Crow's Nest Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Truro
Crow's Nest Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in North Truro
Atlanta
“Just what we were looking for”
Reviewed April 27, 2009

We have a 9 year old son and like to have room to spread out and separate bedrooms if possible. This place was perfect; a compact little apartment-like 2 bedroom unit, right on the bay. It was clean, neat and well stocked. It was convenient to many of the things we did on Cape Cod. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 22, 2009

Have stayed there many times and recommended it to others. Am planning on staying there again and would buy if it were ever to go timeshare. Very relaxing

• Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
Edison,NJ
Reviewed February 14, 2009

I have been coming to Provincetown since I was a baby and am now 28 years old. I wanted to bring my wife for the first time to Cape Cod. My family used to stay at The Tides Motel until it closed down. I decided to try another motel. I found The Crows Nest online and when I saw the pics, I was truly amazed. When I booked our stay, I put down half of the deposit and told Mary Jo (The owner) that I would pay the rest when I got there. Our reservation was for 2 p.m. check in. We arrived in P-Town earlier than expected- about 11 a.m. I decided to go to the motel and see if possible we could check in earlier. There were about 2 people in front of me Mary Jo was helping. Very abruptly, she looked up and said "can I help you". I gave her my name and asked if it was possible that we coulde check in early. Her reply was extremely nasty and said "absolutely not". I was very offended by this and told me wife that if we didnt put down the deposit, we would have stayed somewhere else.
That was the only real problem we had. The place WAS gorgeous and our stay was pleasant. Mary Jo did apologize to me afterward for being harsh.

• Liked — The rooms were beautiful
  • Disliked — The owner Mary Jo. She had a terrible attitude when we first arrived.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Userdags
scahrraihs, owner at Crow's Nest Resort, responded to this review, February 20, 2009
Dear Userdags,

I am so sorry you had an unpleasant experience. Mary Jo is not the owner but was the manager of the property. This is the first I have heard of the incident and want to let you know how truly upset I am with the manner in which you were addressed. Mary Jo is no longer at the property and a new manager has replaced her. Once again please accept my apologies and let me know if perhaps there is any way I can personally address your unfortunate experience.

Jim McCusker, Proprietor
Crow’s Nest Resort and Cottages
800-499-9799
New England
Reviewed December 28, 2008

Our extended family has stayed at Crow's Nest for the past three summers, renting three apartments each year. Our family is multi-aged from the tiny tots to the "Grumpy old Grandma's and Grandpa's. We pride ourselves on being able to follow sensible rules and directions.
This year we were harrassed from the moment we arrived - my 9 year old granddaughter barely made it out of the car when she was told "no running." Since we arrived fairly late in the evening, (having put in a full day volunteering at the Pan Mass Challenge) we were tired, and tried to make as little noise as possible.
Next, it was get the boat and trailer off the property, with which we duly complied. Then the little ones were told they could not play their 3 year old games on the "upper beach" as no active games were allowed, even at high tide.
Barbequeing was only allowed on the windiest part of the property.
No visitors were allowed unless the manager was told how many, their ages, and how long they were staying - sounds like the Plymouth County Jail.
Our boat had to be anchored way off the beach and was not allowed to come inshore to pick up our small grandchildren, for fear someone on the beach might get hurt - if there had been anyone around that might have held water, but all too often the beach was deserted - they have a terrible seaweed problem, so it was either sit and swim amongst the weed or drive to another beach.
We were always amazed at how quickly Mary Jo, the manager was on the scene when we did something supposedly wrong, until we finally realized, every movement guests made outside the buildings and on the beach is caught on camera - the owner would call her up and tell her to reprimand us. So future guests remember you are on "Candid Camera".
We were prepared to take it all in our stride and return next year to be with the friends we have made who stay the same week, but the owner has forbidden us to return.
Even this story has a happy ending. We are going elsewhere in Truro, no cameras and no harrassment.

• Liked — Being on the water
  • Disliked — It was far to regimented for young families, and even older people
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
14 Thank morehem
scahrraihs, Owner at Crow's Nest Resort, responded to this review, July 13, 2010
Despite being told powerboats are not allowed prior to arrival someone from the group did so anyway. We recommended a marina two miles away where they could rent a mooring or slip. They said the boat would be moved the next day. However they refused to remove the boat from the property for the remainder of their 7 day stay even after we explained the beach was private and that it was a serious safety risk especially for young children and other guests swimming in front of the property. While we have few rules, they all have a common thread, that of the safety and quiet enjoyment of all guests. These rules are all part of the agreement signed by this and every guest. Under these circumstances did not invite them back.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 28, 2008

We stayed at the Crows Nest during an extremely cold spell in November. There were only two other guests there. From the moment we pulled up hoping the place would be open during the winter, to the moment we left in a snow flurry, we loved it. The owner, Mary Jo, was unfailingly polite and helpful to us (two 24 year olds touring the world). Our room was great - a roaring fireplace, fully equipped kitchen, jacuzzi and cable TV (one in the bedroom, one in the lounge). A big bonus was the completely free WiFi internet. Having a kitchen was great because we went to a place called 'Catch of the Day' in Truro on Rte 6, bought two live lobsters, and cooked them up just how we like them in our room. A great experience.

If you're thinking about visiting Provincetown, staying here is a great alternative if you have a car. It's only a five minute drive into Ptown. If you don't have your own wheels it would be a bit trickier.

All in all, the Crows Nest is somewhere really special. I rarely give properties 5/5 but I think it deserves it. A truly romantic spot.

• Liked — the unbeatable views, especially at sunset
  • Disliked — having to leave
  • Stayed November 2008
New Jersey
Reviewed September 29, 2008

Each year in August and again in October we visit Cape Cod. We have stayed in several places but have found the Crow's Nest to be just what we are looking for in a welcomed getaway. We have met many other people while there and have come together for a delightful "happy hour" right on our patio overlooking Cape Cod Bay. The kitchen is fully stocked, the jacuzzi is delightful after a day of shopping or visiting Nantucket and the fireplace provides a lovely ambience in the early morning or late evening. The views of the sunset are so spectacular that it is not uncommon for guests to run inside their suite and grab a camera to capture the moment. MaryJo, the caretaker of the property, and Kanga, her sweet dog, are more than gracious in making you comfortable. She takes pride in being able to provide guests with what they pay for and is always available to answer questions. We have been staying at the Crow's Nest for several years and when we arrive it's like coming home.Having Cape Cod Bay outside our door is a plus and we are within minutes to Provincetown, which, by the way is always in sight from our room. "All we have is all we need."

Stayed August 2008
Springfield, MA
Reviewed September 2, 2008

This is our 3rd year at the Crow's Nest. We always request a first floor room so we can be right near the boardwalk, sand and sea. We spend much of our time on the premises. The room is always clean due to the great staff and has all we need for the week. The time we have at the Crow's Nest is relaxing because the inn keeper does a fantastic job to ensure it. I have read the negative reviews, but heck, I want Mary Jo to keep the other guests and their boisterous children in line. Nothing wrecks my peaceful time more than when other guests are being loud, running on the boardwalk or the stomping instead of walking on the 2nd floor. It’s not a house you’re renting, but a room, so behave and she’ll leave you alone! As for us, we’ll be going again next year.

• Liked — Right on the water, clean comfortable room
  • Disliked — Small place, noise travels easily
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
#1 of 15 in Provincetown
Top Mast Resort
Top Mast Resort
#2 of 11 in North Truro

Been to Crow's Nest Resort? Share your experiences!