“Again scrumptious”

Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in North Truro
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: 29 years later, Chef/Owner Bob Montano remains committed to creating authentic Italian cuisine in North Truro – from scratch, of course. Montano’s is Cape Cod’s original restaurant for fresh, daily-made bronze-die pasta. All of our pasta is made fresh in the kitchen, and is featured in house favorites such as Fettucine Bolognese, Short-Rib Ragu, and Ricotta Gnocchi. In addition to the pastas, all of Chef Montano’s sauces and pizza doughs are made fresh every day. Montano’s is more than just traditional Italian fare – our steaks are dry-aged prime, our seafood is locally-caught, and our desserts made in the kitchen. We are located just a few minutes away from Provincetown’s Commercial Street and open our doors at 4:30 every night. Buon Appetito!
“Again scrumptious”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Great bread. Great rissoto balls and calamari app and then great dinner riccota gnocchi with sausage ragu and chicken parm with the vodka sauce. Always a delight to eat there.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Always consistant”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

One of the best restaurants on the cape and always consistent no matter what you order. Last time I was there I had the special which was stripped bass picatta, and the homemade pasta is a must have.

Visited July 2014
Reading, Massachusetts
“Delicious food but bring your patience”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We arrived for dinner on Sunday night at 6pm. We had pizza, lobster pasta special and a scallop special. The homemade pasta dishes were delicious. Overall the food was fabulous. The problem was the time to get our food. It took over an hour from the time we ordered until dinner came. This was in addition to waiting 45 minutes to be seated when they told us it would be 20-30 minutes. Also the dining room was only about 1/3 full. It was our first time here so I would try again. But I suspect there is a problem with management at this restaurant.

1 Thank ReelPleasure
Avon Park
“Wonderful Meal/Best Dessert EVER!!!”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

After a recent beautiful Memorial service in P-Town, our group traveled to Montano's for a meal celebrating our departed friend, Aunt, coworker, and beloved twin. Although I had lived most of my life in Massachusetts and Cape Cod, I had never experienced this restaurant. What a loss. It was marvelous! Our party consisted of approximately 30 people. The staff was aware to expect a large group and was very efficient, informative and courteous. The bar was busy but if you "stumped" the bartender it was not a problem as long as you knew the ingredients, he could make it. I can't tell how many times I have been disappointed by people's attempts to make a Tom Collins only to butcher my drink, not here. Our orders were taken swiftly and tables laden with fresh hot baked bread, freshly grated parmesan cheese and dipping oil, and flasks of iced water. I chose the Shrimp and homemade linguine with mushrooms, garlic. It was like going back to the North End in Boston! It was delicious..one of the best Italian dishes I have had in a long time. Another at our table RAVED about the pan-seared Scallops in home made linguine. I don't recall anyone in our group being unhappy. That is amazing considering the size of our group. Then the desserts...! OMG... this was serious business. I had the chocolate mousse which was the richest, creamiest, most decadent I have ever eaten. I wish I'd had room for another! Several others in our group had the cannoli, one requested hot fudge sauce on it. She was in Heaven, it was so rich and pleasing. Others chose the hot fudge sundaes which arrived in a huge beer mug...3 scoops of ice cream and so much hot fudge I almost swiped some for myself to try. The servers were attentive and stealth in keeping our tables cleared of dishes and refills of bread, cheese, oil or drinks was rapid. I was truly impressed by this choice of restaurant. It is so hard to plan to make everyone happy but it appears that Montano's checked off everyone's boxes and we all departed contented and stuffed. It was almost like visiting your buddies' Noni's for a meal only better. I am so glad that I experienced this restaurant.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank leprechaunshag
Chatham, Massachusetts
“Fantastico!”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

One of the best places on the Cape to eat. Consistently great food and great service in a warm cozy atmosphere. We hadn't been there in a couple of years and the place has been completely done over-classy without going overboard and the bathrooms appear to be totally new where they we once a little shabby. So the new "do" is very nice. But it's the food we've always come for and we were not disappointed. The warm bread, olive oil and cheese; veal parm, the Pompeii, the lobster stew-all magnificent! Our waitress, and I am ashamed to say none of us could remember her name but she was pregnant and had a little girl with the same birthday as me! She was spot on wonderful-knowledgeable about the menu, the specials. She recommended the Sangria to start and it did not disappoint-perfect. She checked on us several times but we never felt rushed. A nice leisurely birthday dinner! When it came time for dessert we were of course way to stuffed the indulge! Will ever wait another two years to go there again-what a gem!!

• Visited May 2014