“Solid meal in North Truro”
Review of Adrian's Restaurant - CLOSED

Adrian's Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2011

We have vacationed in Provincetown for 5 years and tried Adrian's for the first time. Compared to restaurants in the area it is above average. The food was well prepared and arrived on time. We particularly liked the warm calamari salad. It was different and the greens were unexpectedly warm, but did not taste wilted. The scallops entree was as described - large fresh tasting scallops. The sauce was tasty. Service was friendly, but a little slow in getting started. The noise level was average and would be improved by a better music playlist. Overall a pleasant evening meal.

Reviewed August 12, 2011

Had an amazing experience at the new and improved adrians (eat@ adrians)

New and revamped with an actual bar (finally) with such a fab cocktail menu and great wine selection - moscow mule and red hook were my favourite, my friends thurally enjoyed the head of the medow and kitty kat also! Bar tender rowan was very friendly and imformative.

The item selection may be small but the dishes were very flavourful and enjoyable.
Started of with the hummas and charcuterie which was very fresh and went down a treat.

For our entres we had a stripebass shoulder which was just to die for aswell as the steak,duck (5stars!!!) cod and beet salad. The server was very afficiant, on point
and fun - a huge improvement from the years before. The staff are clearly well put together.

I have been visiting the cape for several summers and hope to see the eat team here next summer. Well done to annette and adrian for bringing such a great team, what an improvemnet!!

1  Thank Lou S
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We went to Adrian's last night as a group of 4. My husband and I and my parents. We have eaten here once before and were not impressed. Kitchy old motel and average food. But with the visiting chef Gil Wilson they had a whole new menu and this is what prompted us to return.
Food was great, service friendly and attentive. We ordered the pimento cheese dip appetizer which was very good with house made pickles. My father ordered the clam chowder which he described as the best and most unique chowder he'd ever had. Beautiful presentation too with clams on the halfshell and a piece of lardon in the center. The table also shared the oven roasted meatballs with tomato confit. Meatballs had a nice crust due to the oven roast but were a touch dry. Tomato confit and creme fraisch was very tasty.
For dinner my husband had the fish tacos from the bar menu which were tasty and very spicy. My mother had the margharita pizza which was just ok. My dad got the cod cakes and baked beans which he thought were fantastic. I had the skirt steak served over a creamy potato and spinach spanikopita and spicy cucumber sauce. The steak was perfectly cooked although not terribly exciting from a flavor profile. However, the spanikopita was very good and again, pretty presentation.
We were too stuffed for dessert but the options looked delicious with cookies and milk, warm banana bread and chocolate cake.
I would highly recommend this restaurant while the visiting chef is in residence. The price was very reasonable and the food was quite memorable. Many other restaurants in the Cape are priced equivalently or higher with not nearly the quality or imagination in their food. Definitely worth the trip and great views if you sit on the deck at sunset.

1  Thank Katep64
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Attentive and friendly service. Tiny portions of striped bass and cod amateurishly garnished. Bass barely cooked to set and served skin side up. Butter garnished with snipped (?) chives. Why? Delicious banana bread, vanilla ice cream and maple cream confection. Extremely high priced wine, 2007 Freeman Russian River Pinot Noir at $98 compared to $58 at Vining's in Chatham.

3  Thank gerbascc
Reviewed July 22, 2011

My wife and I are (were) fans of Adrians and know Annette (who dosen't?) But the last time we were in it had gone upscale. The selections were unique but the menu tries too hard to be exotic. The beet salad remains the same (sort of) but the basic fare missing. I would have preferred the southwest pizza instead. Too fancy and Too pricey.