“Great seafood ”

Dining options: Reservations
Brewster, Massachusetts
“Great seafood ”
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

I went to the Whitman house restaurant. They have the fine dinning and the Bass Tavern. We all went to the tavern side. It was small and cozy. I had the stripe bass and it came with a grilled lemon the kids had burgers cook perfectly. Over all the meal was very good the service was fine. My only thing was it was warm inside. I liked the tavern and will be going back

1 Thank Susan C

Eastham, Massachusetts
“American ed”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We had a business meeting here and was pleasantly surprised how good the food was, enjoyed the prime rib, done perfectly. Staff was friendly, accommodating and very prompt with the service.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank vito915
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great steak”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Stopped in for a steak on the weekend, the steak was great, cooked exactly as I asked, and every bite melted in my mouth. I have been going for a long time and will enjoy my weekend steaks there in the future.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Howard C
Stone Ridge, New York
“Superb.”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We have often passed this place on the way back from Provincetown. We finally decide to just make a reservation. I am so glad we did. The place is beautiful inside and out. The staff and waitstaff are wonderful. My wife ordered the price-fix 5 course meal. She was pleased to no end. I on the other hand orderen their special prime rib. There are not enough descriptive words to give it justice. It was one of the best all time prime I have ever had. I am afraid to go back next month when we will once again be on the Cape. Don't tempt Karma! But yes we will definitely return.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank EdwardEagle
London, United Kingdom
“a lovely find”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We are from England and on holiday, staying in Truro. My husband and I came across this restaurant by chance when we wanted to find somewhere to eat rather than having to do the drive into Provincetown. We were charmed by the atmosphere and surroundings and welcomed warmly by the staff. I am surprised to see so many negative reviews because there is a comprehensive menu and attentive waitressing. The cheese spread and crackers were, to us, a novelty and tasty and the starter salad was fresh and delicious. Unlike one reviewer, I loved the squash in the salad (something unusual for our British palate). I ordered the Bass, grilled, with a baked potato. It was cooked beautifully. The fish was different from the English Sea Bass I'd eaten many times. Chunkier and chewier but delicious and full of flavour. My husband had steak and shrimp which he thoroughly enjoyed. We had a tasty bottle of wine to accompany the meal. The dessert menu looked tempting but we were too full up to try anything and just finished off with a nice coffee. The service wasn't rushed as we've found it to be in many American restaurants in the past. I must mention the gorgeous fresh little loaf with whipped butter that came out at the start of the meal with the salad. Scrumptious - not a crumb left behind! It didn't come cheap - fairly expensive in fact, but at least the evening was worth it.

• Visited June 2014